OT: **** Crosswinds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breakaway thrust behind only a 737-800 is creating a hazard area up to 500 feet behind the engines.

You ever heard the stories of some looneys on St.Maarten in the Caribean: they hold themself on the fence behind airplanes setting take-off power??????

Ronald.

Breakaway thrust behind only a 737-800 is creating a hazard area up to 500 feet behind the engines.

You ever heard the stories of some looneys on St.Maarten in the Caribean: they hold themself on the fence behind airplanes setting take-off power??????

Ronald.

If the wind wasn't bad enough, imagine the little pebbes and debris it picks up.

OUCH!!!

Ron, is that the airport where the landing strip is right next ot the ocean? People that didn't know better would park their cars along the beach and when a big jet landed, it would blow the cars into the ocean!

Ron, is that the airport where the landing strip is right next ot the ocean? People that didn't know better would park their cars along the beach and when a big jet landed, it would blow the cars into the ocean!
Yeah, that's the one. Also many people are sunbathing just below the flare path of the planes.

Ronald

Wow !!!! :lol: reminds me of the days back when I worked for Evergreen Aviation running the usps mail out to planes and loading them - didn't pay attention sometimes your butt got knocked on the ground and blew around !!! :eek:

THAT'S the shot that I was looking for! :)

I tried for a while to find it but no luck.

Yup, that's the only runway into & out of St. Maarten. I remember coming in over the water for a landing, seemed like you close enough to touch the waves. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I always wanted to fly the 747 but didn't get the chance before we got rid of our's. We do have 777's coming though... :)

ps: Sorry to hear about your wife.

Yeah, that's the one. Also many people are sunbathing just below the flare path of the planes.

Ronald
Remember we talked about this.

Take a look.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

See you. Ronald

Sorry to hear about your wife Ronald. What is your airspeed when you cross over the fence in a 747? How long have you been flying the 747?

I work for a company that makes the fuel controls for GE and P&W. The GE-90-115B is the largest engine i know of. The Discovery channel had something on it where they could blow a concrete barrier over.

"Specifically designed for the Boeing 777, the GE90-115B recently set a new world record for thrust totaling 127,900 pounds of thrust."

If you want more info here GE-90 websiteGE-90-115b

Back