One CUBE Sport Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

I just bought Joe Warrens 101 and will install it in a Bob Tuttle Sport Hydro. Hope to get some testing done by spring. Id like to see this grow into a class not a scale but much like the sport 60 Namba class The 101 has so much power and is user friendly should make a great combo stay tuned.......

I just bought Joe Warrens 101 and will install it in a Bob Tuttle Sport Hydro. Hope to get some testing done by spring. Id like to see this grow into a class not a scale but much like the sport 60 Namba class The 101 has so much power and is user friendly should make a great combo stay tuned.......
Mike, Looks like an interesting hull.(gas sport hydro)? Please post a pic of the bottom if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,

Glenn

Mike, Looks like an interesting hull.(gas sport hydro)? Please post a pic of the bottom if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,

Glenn
The bottom will be redone later,we plan to do a lot od testing on sponson ride area and flatten the bottom. I purchased the cowl mold and templates along with the rights to build this hull. Yes its a gas sport hydro,we plan to make it work for both applications...

hey mikie, we used to race that class for years up in NANBA Dist 1, it was called sport-X.most of the hulls were either scratch built or steve muck,areomarine hulls.

i won the nats with a steve muck hull with a cmb .90 grand prix motor.boat went 70mph one way pass back in '93.class was lots of fun and very competitive!!

hope to see it back again. unfortunatly i race in impba and there was some talk about it, but nothing yet?? here's to wishfull thinking.later mike c. :D

Thanks,

Glenn
The bottom will be redone later,we plan to do a lot od testing on sponson ride area and flatten the bottom. I purchased the cowl mold and templates along with the rights to build this hull. Yes its a gas sport hydro,we plan to make it work for both applications...
I would bet a Sholund X467B/C or a Full size tipped X465 & it will be BAD BAD FAST!! I seen some cats run @ charleston with tipped up X465`s that were a hand full to drive @ the speeds they were traveling. your hull may like some low lift hydro props (1467 1470`s too.) turning BIG props would not be a issue... 15cc macs open Nitro pipe (call for length)....... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry Crowther had one set up a few years ago. Raced it at the Namba Nats. There have beedn a few of these built over the years. But to be serious about this as class the 101 in a Gen2 wood whip would be the "hot Shoe."

Latest posts

Back