New Racing Rules IMPBA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gang it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy four. So turn down the adrenalin and understand it's ten seconds OR passing buoy four. In other words HOLD YOUR LANE ONCE YOU PASS BUOY FOUR COMING FOR THE START.

And if you pass buoy four @ 75+ with 9 seconds left you need to work on your clock skills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is not what the new rule says. The way I read it is, after I have passed bouy 4 or that 10 seconds have passed that "I must maintain my lane". But then it goes on to say that "and observe driver safety in selecting lanes". This is in past tence. So with this said I can move anywhere I like on the course so long as I don't ZigZag, "S" turns, or fishtail to delay the crossing of the starting line. And under other present racing rules so long as I am not impeding another boats right of way I have not commited any infraction of any kind.

So what has this new rule done? Nothing that was not already in the rule book. Sorry guys have read this rule many times and this is the way I see it and will enforce it in any race I put on this way. Who ever came up with this rule did not read the rule book for repeat rules.
The guys that put... put... put... to the start line OFF PLANE...... Just Don`t Want to RACE!!!!!!
Joe,, I think you are SADLY mistaken if you really feel this way!!!!

You know I show up to the lake ready to ROCK & ROLL and win as many heats as I can.

Just because MY race strategy is different from yours, does NOT mean I'm not ready to race!!!!

THE RACE begins when the clock hits 0,, NOT before

Ok gang it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy four. So turn down the adrenalin and understand it's ten seconds OR passing buoy four. In other words HOLD YOUR LANE ONCE YOU PASS BUOY FOUR COMING FOR THE START.

And if you pass buoy four @ 75+ with 9 seconds left you need to work on your clock skills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is not what the new rule says. The way I read it is, after I have passed bouy 4 or that 10 seconds have passed that "I must maintain my lane". But then it goes on to say that "and observe driver safety in selecting lanes". This is in past tence. So with this said I can move anywhere I like on the course so long as I don't ZigZag, "S" turns, or fishtail to delay the crossing of the starting line. And under other present racing rules so long as I am not impeding another boats right of way I have not commited any infraction of any kind.

So what has this new rule done? Nothing that was not already in the rule book. Sorry guys have read this rule many times and this is the way I see it and will enforce it in any race I put on this way. Who ever came up with this rule did not read the rule book for repeat rules.
In past tense? No it's not- During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must maintain their lane, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging, "S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed. Everything there is in current tense. Joe hit on it when he said the guys that put put to the start, if you think about it you'll understand exactly where this is directed, it really doesn't change anything for us racers who hit that last corner with the transom on fire. ;)
I think you need to see my last post in this thread also Don

The guys that put... put... put... to the start line OFF PLANE...... Just Don`t Want to RACE!!!!!!

You know I show up to the lake ready to ROCK & ROLL and win as many heats as I can.

Just because MY race strategy is different from yours, does NOT mean I'm not ready to race!!!!

the race now starts at buoy 4

In past tense? No it's not- During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must maintain their lane, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging, "S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed. Everything there is in current tense. Joe hit on it when he said the guys that put put to the start, if you think about it you'll understand exactly where this is directed, it really doesn't change anything for us racers who hit that last corner with the transom on fire. ;)
I think not. Being on plane and putting around doing the creepy crawly are two very different things. I've seen and raced with you race enough times over the years and while you might not be wide open you're on plane in last turn coming for the start.

Don, Mikey is right.............................sorry to say but if you're early at bouy 4 you're screwed....................so yes buoy 4 starts the race

If the rules on the books to begin with were enforced on a regular and consistant basis there would be no reason for another layer of rule on this issue.

gh

Last edited by a moderator:
I refer to this as the new 'Putt-Putt'' rule. It was put in there for the Gas guys who play the creepy crawl game and want to hog lane one. Unfortunately this rule will cause more problems than it will solve. What's next??? LeMans starts???

Don, Mikey is right.............................sorry to say but if you're early at bouy 4 you're screwed....................so yes buoy 4 starts the race

If the rules on the books to begin with were enforced on a regular and consistant basis there would be no reason for another layer of rule on this issue.

gh
I think Greg and Mikey are right the race now starts at bouy 4.

With all due respect fellas, and I mean that. :)

This rule was out for a one year trial before it went to the membership for a vote.

During that one year trial (the time to modify it, etc ) NOT A THING FROM THE MEMBERSHIP, good, bad, or indifferent, was put before the BOD about this rule. Not a single problem was reported from the districts that used it.

It's too late now. The rule has passed, It's ours for a minimum of two years.

Let's race!!!

gh
I think Greg and Mikey are right the race now starts at bouy 4.
The last few post say it all. The rules that are already in the rule book take care of the gas boaters doing their leap frog and other things they do to set them selfs up for a start. And all you have to do is let it be known at the drivers meeting and call a few warnings and the problem will go away. But what I see is host clubs allowing this to take place and this causes it to spread to other races.

You can not make these rules to effect a small group of racers with out destroying the rules in place that allow the racers that do it right by running in straight lines at a good head of steam.

Lead ...follow ..or .Get Out Of The Way ....I'm coming through and making my own lane if there is room !

r1c4qs.jpg

This rule was out for a one year trial before it went to the membership for a vote.

During that one year trial (the time to modify it, etc ) NOT A THING FROM THE MEMBERSHIP, good, bad, or indifferent, was put before the BOD about this rule. Not a single problem was reported from the districts that used it.

Let's race!!!

What was the total count of votes to pass this rule? I am guessing it was less than 10% of the membership.

Let's race!!!

What was the total count of votes to pass this rule? I am guessing it was less than 10% of the membership.
That's probably about right Mark. It's my understanding that it's pretty much always been that way.

Just like the lack of feedback during the trial period, the membership needs to engage! ;)

See y'all at the pond!

D.

And race we will........ see you at the lake.......

I think not. Being on plane and putting around doing the creepy crawly are two very different things. I've seen and raced with you race enough times over the years and while you might not be wide open you're on plane in last turn coming for the start.
Don the Current IMPBA rule book already had a Rule printed in black/white that pertained to the start and how to do it???????? Just in a different section. Does this new Rule NULL that rule . It don`t say it does?????????

Let's race!!!

That's probably about right Mark. It's my understanding that it's pretty much always been that way.

Just like the lack of feedback during the trial period, the membership needs to engage! ;)

See y'all at the pond!

D.
That is why I sent a 50% rule to my director that never was able to hit the floor of the board. And my director does a good job. If we had a rule so that in these kind of rule votes it would take 50% of members in each district to make it happen. This would make the Directors get out and talk to there members to see what they think.

I know that I have heard that if so then nothing would get voted on. And yes this is right but is what's needed to get the input that is need on rule changes and to stop these bad rules.

If it is all that good of rule a director will be able to get the input that is needed to help push it.

I'm wondering how many on here commenting good or bad about this rule actually voted.................
I did also. And many of us boaters in north Alabama had many thing to say about this rule. We all discussed with our District director and sent him comments of what we thought. And District 5 voted it down far as I know.

I contacted all voters eligible to vote in my district. I have drafted a proposal to help the poor voter turn out. Im showing it to several who voiced comments in my district as well as another

Back