New Build, my Sweden race boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
I left all of my other race boats in the states this year after the world tunnel champs becaus they dont run them over here in Europe, and I was tired of shipping them back and forth. However, I plan on running 3 races in Sweden this year, with the first race at the end of this month. Normally I would run my IMPBA sport boat in Sweden, but they changed the rules this year, and no modifications can be done to the engines. So, instead of redoing my sport boat (which runs great as is) I decided to build a new boat specifically for Sweden. I went with a HTB290 instead of the 260, because the water is usually a little rougher and I think a slightly larger/heavier boat will be better. There are 4 HTB's, including my own that will be run in Sweden this year, along with mostly TT Bandits, and TS2's, with a few scratchbuilt and dumas boats.

This boat was painted by Rusty (of course), and my buddy Don Gilbert bought it last year. Being typical Don (love ya man), it sat in his trailer untouched until the World Tunnel Champs race this year, so I got it from him.

Anyway, nothing special, just wanted to share.

I kicked my own butt last year in Sweden, so I have to redeem myself. :D

~James

(yes, my house is messy. The wife went away for 4 days with her mother, so it quickly turned into a bachelor pad while she was gone.)

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

I left all of my other race boats in the states this year after the world tunnel champs becaus they dont run them over here in Europe, and I was tired of shipping them back and forth. However, I plan on running 3 races in Sweden this year, with the first race at the end of this month. Normally I would run my IMPBA sport boat in Sweden, but they changed the rules this year, and no modifications can be done to the engines. So, instead of redoing my sport boat (which runs great as is) I decided to build a new boat specifically for Sweden. I went with a HTB290 instead of the 260, because the water is usually a little rougher and I think a slightly larger/heavier boat will be better. There are 4 HTB's, including my own that will be run in Sweden this year, along with mostly TT Bandits, and TS2's, with a few scratchbuilt and dumas boats.
This boat was painted by Rusty (of course), and my buddy Don Gilbert bought it last year. Being typical Don (love ya man), it sat in his trailer untouched until the World Tunnel Champs race this year, so I got it from him.

Anyway, nothing special, just wanted to share.

I kicked my own butt last year in Sweden, so I have to redeem myself. :D

~James

(yes, my house is messy. The wife went away for 4 days with her mother, so it quickly turned into a bachelor pad while she was gone.)

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg
Good looking boat James.

I see that you rebuilt another radio box James, to be as the front of the hull as possible.

The existing radio bow doesn't allow to set the GC perfectly, or else?

I didn't check yet the GC on my 360 one, perhaps I will have to do like yours.. Hope not..

Great painting job!

I see that you rebuilt another radio box James, to be as the front of the hull as possible.The existing radio bow doesn't allow to set the GC perfectly, or else?

I didn't check yet the GC on my 360 one, perhaps I will have to do like yours.. Hope not..

Great painting job!

look at Mark Hoppers set up tips on his web site htbboats.com this will give the best place to start with your set up on the 360. I have the radio bow that comes with the boat and the CG is fine.

Fabrice, the normal box would have worked fine, but because this is a stock boat, I wanted to keep it as light as possible. I did not want to have to add weight to the boat to get the CG correct. I made the box more forward so I could place the battery on the very front, and now it balances perfect without any lead.

One my other three HTB's, I use the stock fiberglass boxes. With your set-up, it would better just to add weight to get the CG, because that would also help to make the boat a little heavier. You will probably want that with a .82 on the back. :)

Thanks guys!

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking boat James...Im in the line up this year on getting another 290..hope you well..long time no hear

Hey Barry, thanks! (do me a favor, drop me an email with you guy's racing schedule... I may want to come up and play! )

Bryan, thanks mate. :D Yeah, I looked at it when Rusty was trying to sell it, but Don beat me to it.... Oh well, it ended up coming home with me anyway!

~James

Back