New 2012 Sport 40's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you have been busy , new Scale and two sport 40's .

Were do you find the time ? lol

Great looking boats Joe .

Tim K

Ran both of new Sport 40's today, fast and turned on a dime, started with a x450/3 just to see how they would run, ended up at the end of the day running a x455/3, tomorrow will try a x457/3 and a 1455-57. They didnt like 2 blade props, not enough lift. I was very happy with the results.

Also ran the new scale, Pico, good to have good data from other boats you run in the past, the mods on the sponsons worked good, right out of the box and I could race it tomorrow if I had to, toot, toot.......

i thought that would be the case and I was building mine to use the 1455/3 prop, I think the higher lift props that give the smaller boats some trouble would be the choice for these bigger hulls .....good stuff keep us posted

Sounds great Joe! What kind of speeds do you think they are at right now? Mike
Mike, we had no way to check speed, but the boats pulled the x455-s without a problem, they looked fast, these are heat racing boats and I need to turn them as well as go fast in the straights.

I will race one in a couple of weeks, then I'll be able to determine there stability and handling in race water conditions, I think Im close as is, maybe add a little lead around the engine area,(cg) for all out performance.

Sounds good. I was just wondering about how well the nitro 45 is pulling a 39" hull as the sport hull in my normal lineup is 39" as well, so it would be a good comparison how well that motor handles the extra size, and weight. Keep us posted! Take care, Mike

Mike, my Picco 45's Blackheads, are launching and hauling the mail without a problem, the hulls weigh in at 8.4 lbs loaded, and im not even pushing the engine yet, tune pipe or carb adjustment.

Back