New 2012 Sport 40's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Wiebelhaus

Supporting Member
Posted some pics in my gallery link (see below), Sport 40 2012, with some help from Mike Lusczc, I am building 2 new Sport 40 hulls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe,

Nice to see that there will be another wood frame hull available for Sport 40. Those are some busy sponson bottoms. Now what we need is someone to make a couple cowls that are not Phil's Stealth, Blazer, and the AC hulls_ PLEASE !!!!!!! I'm ready for a change of view. Carve one out of Styrofoam - glass outside, hog out inside and glass it too. Another benefit - Instant, internal flotation. Maybe Steve can shrink some 1/8th cowls.

I saw the post about Scale and Sport 40 now not being a High Points Class. You, Rick and I leave and the place goes to Hades!!! Same thing here in Texas - - little to no Scale or Sport 40s. Guess we'll just have to muster in Charleston in May. CHEERS !!! Bob

Bob, Well we will see where that goes with the cowls, I am going to add a reverse scoop on the stealth, and a tail piece on the AC, they'll look different.

Both hulls have been in the shop for only 10 working hours, and those sponsons are just fine, all tuned up.

Hey Joe, looks good you going to try the longer boat and make it more scale looking too. You guys short on sport 40 up there in MI lately?

Tim you will have to go to MI to see those boats run someday.

We have seen scale and sport 40 races up there that had 40 sport 40 show up and 30 scale boats. High price nitro and motors kind of killed it off..

Joe, That looks AWESOME with those cowlings on there. Where did you get those cowls? I already have some people PM'ing with interest in this hull. Thanks for having me work on it! I will keep watching as you progress. Thanks for EVERYTHING you have done for me, Mike

Mike,

One cowl is from a AC Sport 40, and the other is a Phil Thomas "Stealth", both cut down in width, I want to add a scoop or tail to make them different.

At some time maybe you could send the rest of the cad frames and I could provide additional updates. I got the main bottoms on, and will have the sponson bottoms on by the end of Friday.-

Yeah, if you want the full cad file, I can send that if you want to do the updates. Not a problem. Talk soon, Mike

Looks good Joe we miss you down here in the sunshine state try to make a race down here so i can beat ya Robert

Decks on Hull A

See gallery link below for all build pics...

use the +/- next to date to organize.

Hull B gets the decks today, trim it out Thursday, new Speedmaster hardware do in the mail Thursday also, it's suposed to get very cold here in Michigan this weekend, so I am planing on having both hulls sealed, all hardware mounted, struts, rudders, engine mounts, radio boxes, servos ect......

Back