need help with pipe lenght?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procat

Hey guys - What would be a good starting spot or the correct setting for the pipe lenght on a sport 40, running a K&B 45???? also prop suggestions, currently running octura 445, pipe at 8 1/2

X445 sounds a little small, should ZING the hell out of it.

8-1/2" on the pipe is a good place to start, what pipe are you running?

Oh yeh, what hull you runnin?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, 8 1/2"??? Where are you measuring too? Sport 40's usually run around 10-10.75" from center of engine to high point of pipe or first biggest part of a pipe....445 is pretty small but whatever works I suppose.... Turning a 1455 on my mutt with a CMB RS running a mac 10cc airplane pipe at 10 1/4". Not the fastest thing but gets where I need to go....

Hey guys - What would be a good starting spot or the correct setting for the pipe lenght on a sport 40, running a K&B 45???? also prop suggestions, currently running octura 445, pipe at 8 1/2
too short pipe set up 9.75"" at east coast best X447 or X448 for good K&B.45 It will be fast but what kind of sport 40? Good Luck!

Hey!!!!....Old age is ok..... As Dunny says... " Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"....
laugh.gif

Mutt onboard video

Wow, 8 1/2"??? Where are you measuring too? Sport 40's usually run around 10-10.75" from center of engine to high point of pipe or first biggest part of a pipe....445 is pretty small but whatever works I suppose.... Turning a 1455 on my mutt with a CMB RS running a mac 10cc airplane pipe at 10 1/4". Not the fastest thing but gets where I need to go....
Rob, You are correct, I must of had 21's on my mind I guess?? Old age is setting in.

My Thomas sport-40 with CMB RS45 and Mac's 7.5 marine is 10-3/8"

Hey!!!!....Old age is ok..... As Dunny says... " Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"....
laugh.gif
Good one Rob, Don't know about Florida but a couple guys here in N. UTAH(4000 ft.) run Mac and CMB HR motors in Phil Thomas hulls with Andy Brown pipes @ 10.5" with X447, X448, P230ss props.

Glenn

Hey Noel....ill double check but im runnin mine at 10-1/4" with a Mac/X447 prop and i need to lengthen it...i have NO low end with this set up...i think a lot of people run x-450s on thier sport 40 boats, but 8-1/2" is way short..that thing must be like a switch if it even works!! I have seen some fast boats runnin K&B 45s if you set em up right!

Noel is that Garsons boat if so tell him call me i meet him at he lake with different props

Hey Bill, is that a MAC 45, blue head in the sport-40, with no low end?

Kinda like the Executone with a MAC 67, with no low end?

Do we see a trend developing here?
Yep! and its not a good one!!! Sometimes I try to get the cart before the horse...Charles Perdue did some work on the Mac carb for the scale boat and it is a little better...but nothing close to yer "Greenie" or a Picco motor for low end! :rolleyes: My sport 20 has more low end (Marty did the Mac in it) then either the scale boat or the sport 40...Hey! Do GOOD at Charleston!

Back