My new tool box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Seebold

I have been using a cheap Chinese knockoff tool box for about the last 15 years.

Last June, Gerstner had a sale on their tool boxes and when I showed the ad to

my wife, we both agreed, I need a new box.

The sale was for about $500.00 off if regular price, but we both agreed, we can't

take it with us so why not.

IMG_1180.JPG

They're beautiful, but I could never justify buying one. I always went with the Kennedy boxes. Not cheap, but not as much as the Gerstners. Also, maybe a bit more durable in a hard working job shop environment.

Bob

Steve, glad you can afford one of those. I'd love to get one, just can't justify the price of one with the wife

Don, I don't know where you found that picture but the caption at the bottom is very true. Snap On is good stuff but, then again, so is Craftsman(if you have the old stuff), Mac and Matco. To have a tool storage system that large probably costs as much as a new, fully loaded SUV. I'll stick to my two Craftsman boxes since I can buy a lot of tools for the monetary difference between what it costs to buy what I have and what it costs to buy a comparable Snap On box

I bought what I thought was a nice Kennedy box a few years back, made in China. Called them up (after returning it) and found what lines are still made in the US and got one of those.

You havta be careful these days, even with old name brads...

Last edited by a moderator:
My Gerstner tool box. A guy gave it to me about 40 years ago. He had painted it with gray spray paint !

I spent about 3 weeks stripping and sanding, lined the drawers with new felt and gave it 4-5 coats of spar varnish.

Its showing its age and some of the veneer is lifting. Might be time for another restoration.

010.JPG

I bought what I thought was a nice Kennedy box a few years back, made in China. Called them up (after returning it) and found what lines are still made in the US and got one of those.

You havta be careful these days, even with old name brads...
Kennedy boxes are nice but they are heavy.

The original intent for that drawer was for the machinist bible, but since I don't do that much outside machining any more, it's a perfect place for my prop balancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back