My New Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Well its not brandnew but close to it. I had to change a few things, it had a 1/4 inch drive in it you could not even adjust the strut, so i put a new 187 drive in it, added third ch mixture, and of cource new strut. Heres s few pics of it i hope.

Looking foward to racing again. Tom

Well its not brandnew but close to it. I had to change a few things, it had a 1/4 inch drive in it you could not even adjust the strut, so i put a new 187 drive in it, added third ch mixture, and of cource new strut. Heres s few pics of it i hope.
GO DADDY GO My TWIN IS IN THE HOUSE SWEEEEEEET now your racing

I painted that about two years ago HOK tangalo and hot pink pearl

dont remember 1/4 cable ran once or twice then sold it

MIKE

I want to be first in line to buy it before you put it on Ebay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to be first in line to buy it before you put it on Ebay. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charles, you got one why dont you scrape the dust off it, and get it rtr or better yet since you arent interested in sport boats ill just come get it :p i need a good backup. By the way you are going to evansville with me arent you? ;) :D Im going to need a good pitman to DUST my twin :p

Tom

Looks very nice i am rebuilding one right now. What did you use for cowl hold downs.

Did you put your strut bracket on the floor or the transom ...can't quit tell.

Mine was on the floor but i think it will be re-assembled on the inside of transom not sure yet.

Thanks

Terry

Terry,

The strut is on the floor right in front of the transom. Put you some 1/8th inch birth in the floor to mount your strut bracket to. Anybody notice what pipe i had on there. Its the new Andy Brown billet pipe, Hope it works well, we will see.

Tom

"The strut is on the floor right in front of the transom. Put you some 1/8th inch birth in the floor to mount your strut bracket to. Anybody notice what pipe i had on there. Its the new Andy Brown billet pipe, Hope it works well, we will see."

Is there any reason for mounting the strut inside the transom? In New Zealand, we're allowed to run the drive dog 2" back from the transom so I've just put the strut bracket on the outside of the transom. Is that allowed in the U.S? If so then is there anther reason you'd put the strut inside? I was lead to believe having the strut behind the transom made for a faster boat?

Cheers

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPBA rules do not allow the strut on Sport 40 to be past the transom.

"The strut is on the floor right in front of the transom. Put you some 1/8th inch birth in the floor to mount your strut bracket to. Anybody notice what pipe i had on there. Its the new Andy Brown billet pipe, Hope it works well, we will see."
Is there any reason for mounting the strut inside the transom? In New Zealand, we're allowed to run the drive dog 2" back from the transom so I've just put the strut bracket on the outside of the transom. Is that allowed in the U.S? If so then is there anther reason you'd put the strut inside? I was lead to believe having the strut behind the transom made for a faster boat?

Cheers

Bob

good looking boat Tom. Glad to see you back. See yall in Eville

Could be as many as 20 sport 40s in Evansville in May better shine that head and put some tan on it. What prop you running ?

if ya dont mind me asking what hardware are you using? (strut, fin, and rudder)

Could be as many as 20 sport 40s in Evansville in May better shine that head and put some tan on it. What prop you running ?
To my bald twin, gonna try several 450/3 1450, 1452 20 boats huh? so in my boats first race 8 boat heats.

COOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

To my bald twin, gonna try several 450/3 1450, 1452 20 boats huh? so in my boats first race 8 boat heats.

OPIO Speedmaster rudder extended strut either Speedmaster or CMDI and Tyndal fin. Tom you will be fine just stay in lane one or 12 Mike

OPIO Speedmaster rudder extended strut either Speedmaster or CMDI and Tyndal fin. Tom you will be fine just stay in lane one or 12 Mike
try a 1455 and pitch and cup as needed

Back