My New Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyK

Well, I've been meaning to do this for a while now but just haven't found the time. Anyway, here it is - my new sport 40.

This is a carbon fiber built Steve Peterson hull. Steve has done a great deal of testing to get this hull to this point and he uses vacuum bagging when building his boats. This way excess epoxy which just add's weight is taken out. The result is one lightweight, tuff as nails boat! I wanted to incorporate a Canadian theme somehow and the result is what you see. The pictures don't reveal it very well but the colours are Pearl White and Pearl Red. When the sun hits this boat, well---WOW! I had a local guy do the airbrushing of the windshield, leaf and checkered flag with ripped metal for me. Great guy and very reasonable.

After chasing down issues at the start of the year, getting used to a pistol grip radio, changing engines to the CMB 45RS and finding the right pipe/prop combo, Steve, Tom and myself got this thing rockin'. It handles like it is on rails!

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share.

Dave

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2147-1.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Hey I've seen that boat before! Looks great Dave, glad that RS motor is working out for you. See ya this weekend, I'll have the old Red Bull boat to run with you guys.

Josh-

I competed againest this boat in the Buckeye 880 and all I can say is WOW. It runs as well as it looks, your right Dave photos don't do it justice, in the sun this boat is awesome. Had a great time running with you and Steve, Mort and I have talked about going to the Northern Nat's next year. Again, one hot SP Sport 40. Hammer B) B)

I competed againest this boat in the Buckeye 880 and all I can say is WOW. It runs as well as it looks, your right Dave photos don't do it justice, in the sun this boat is awesome. Had a great time running with you and Steve, Mort and I have talked about going to the Northern Nat's next year. Again, one hot SP Sport 40. Hammer B) B)

Thanks Ray,

It was great to be there with you guys! Will you and Mort be there for the final race in October? Steve and I are planning on being there again. Should be a blast. Oh, I finally got that DeWalt Scale smokin! Reworked a few things and mixed up some fresh fuel. New piston and sleeve for the engine and new turn fin bracket and fin. It hauls the mail for a turbine. Still haven't got the prop and pipe nailed down but it's close.

Dave

Back