my crazy dog

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

So about 3 years ago the family adopted a chiweenie dog. I love him to death.

Your going to think im wierd for this but it is so dam cute. He loves to curl up with you on a blanket. You will know when he wants to because he will jump up on you and scratch on your blanket until you lift it up so he can crawl under and lay with you. So he was doing this to me even when I did not have a blanket. One day I lifted my tshirt up as a joke as he just kept pawing me. Sure enough he went right in curled up and went to sleep inside my tshirt. It has become a regular thing now he loves it.

He is such a loving dog.

yep, Dachshunds are burrowing dogs, so he definitely got that from the "weenie" side.

when you have a mixed-breed dog it's really interesting to see which characteristics are expressed. My folks have a (mostly) Cocker Spaniel rescue dog; they were pretty sure he has some form of bully breed mixed in somewhere (he was found in Detroit, after all.) When he started "trancing" like this:

That pretty much sealed the deal. Cockers don't do that.

When my chiweenie gets excited he will often have on ear up and one ear down.

I have had 6 bullterriers, what this shows is called weed walking. It seems to be triggered by walking under bushes branches etc. I always get a kick oft of watching mine walk circles around the Christmas tree during the holidays..............loving pets makes you more human...........jeff

I also have had bullterriers , They are big clowns , My last one died at the age of 16, We showed them for years,

They are A very cool dog. But not for everybody ! They can be A handfull . And breeding can be very trying .

I have A Catahula , That I found down at the ranch where we hunt. She has been A very good dog, And great

for finding downed deer. I also have a South African Boerboel . That I got tru the rescue . He is 150 plus lbs.

It is funny all the $ I have spent on dogs . The ones that you find are the best.

I still will have another bullterrier one day.

Ty

I have A Catahula , That I found down at the ranch where we hunt. She has been A very good dog, And great
for finding downed deer. I also have a South African Boerboel . That I got tru the rescue . He is 150 plus lbs.
Me too. Catahoulas are great dogs. Francis is one of the smartest ones I've had. Too smart, to be honest. She's 100% Cajun..she was born at an Ex-girlfriend's house in Rayne, LA. About as pure Catahoula as you can get.

Like all Catahoulas, she's a good hunter. And a **** good friend.

francis.jpg

Good looking hound Joey, A friend in UT was a hunting guide and had a few along with some bloodhounds. Most of the hunting breeds are smart dogs just by instinct , They know what to do. You can try to train them up to a point but then they train YOU
default_laugh.png

Good looking hound Joey, A friend in UT was a hunting guide and had a few along with some bloodhounds. Most of the hunting breeds are smart dogs just by instinct , They know what to do. You can try to train them up to a point but then they train YOU
default_laugh.png
Thanks Glenn! She's a Cur, though (I had to look it up too. I thought Catahoulas were hounds).

You're right about them knowing what to do. I do have the feeling that she's training me!!

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Catahoulas Were hounds too, heard them refered to as Cajun Leopard dogs. My guide buddy/ co worker used his to hunt Mt. Lions and Black bear in UT. Only thing they did not seem to handle well were da things with all the quills on em.

We cannot have a dog where we live right now. Thinking black or chocolate lab though when we get a house. Wonder what the cats will think of that! HA

haha ....funny my bully does the same thing under brush it is so funny.....my dog is a rescue pitbull and i absolutely love him to deth i have only owned pitbulls....when i was younger we used to show them when we live in texas....they r one of the most misunderstood breeds out there......but they r big and goofy they love to plz there owners.....like your chiweeniehe likes to be under the covers as well he also thinks he is a hunting dog he loves to find brids and rabbits when we r out in the field......i also have a female foxterrie she is a smart dog and she likes to hunt rabbits as well....its also funny because my pittbull is the big baby of the two and would lick u up as soon as u walk in the door but people r afraid of him because he is a pit so the try to pet my fox terrier nitira and well she is the one u have to be afraid of....lol....her being 12 lbs and my pit being 80 she puts him in his place it is so funny shr will bite him in his lip and yelp and well jake will go hide in his cage....lol.....they r both great dogs and think of them as my family....i like all breeds....well most...lol

Latest posts

Back