Miss Timex

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decals going out in the morning. Please don't use that antique clear you found on a shelf behind that old 8 track stereo. Go to the paint store and get out one of those moldy ol hundred dollar bills you been keepin back and buy some NEW clear. :angry:
THANKS for the professional advice :lol: :lol:
SQUEAK SQUEAK.............. I always said you can hear him squeak when he walks...........and we all thought it was old age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:
OH I used to do alot of stuff that way and it was ok before I had friends that knew what they were doing. Always do a test shot first.

Dont worry I ordered up some fresh clear urathane from Klass Coat they have small quantity sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decals going out in the morning. Please don't use that antique clear you found on a shelf behind that old 8 track stereo. Go to the paint store and get out one of those moldy ol hundred dollar bills you been keepin back and buy some NEW clear. :angry:
THANKS for the professional advice :lol: :lol:
SQUEAK SQUEAK.............. I always said you can hear him squeak when he walks...........and we all thought it was old age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:
OH I used to do alot of stuff that way and it was ok before I had friends that knew what they were doing. Always do a test shot first.

Dont worry I ordered up some fresh clear urathane from Klass Coat they have small quantity sets.
;)

Hey

Phil what are you planning on using for pushrods. I just got a set of push rod seals, i see that David has pushrods available , just wondering what your planning on using.

Thanks

Tom

Hey Phil what are you planning on using for pushrods. I just got a set of push rod seals, i see that David has pushrods available , just wondering what your planning on using.

Thanks

Tom
I used the g&m seals with the pushrods that came with them. I silver soldered the 1/16th wire into the seal rods.

Hey, Phil you do prety good work for an old Man............LOL ;)

Is this built on your carlson hull?

I wish you would mold a dropped sponson shovel.

Greg does good work also; Love the Motor!

I like that dummy motor hinge (see attached photo)

Of course I like my system also

I'm still working some small bug's out of the Miss Madison.

Hope to see ya this year

Big AL

"Remember those days at Miller pond in Bloomington? I still talk too acouple of those guys, but boy have i

come along way since then....Hey

:D

DSCF9859.JPG

DSCF9862.JPG

Hey, Phil you do prety good work for an old Man............LOL ;) Is this built on your carlson hull?

Hope to see ya this year

Big AL

"Remember those days at Miller pond in Bloomington? I still talk too acouple of those guys, but boy have i

Yo BIG Al you bringin that Madison down for the roundnose race? I may have a drop sponson version in a few months

Hey, Phil you do prety good work for an old Man............LOL ;) Is this built on your carlson hull?

Hope to see ya this year

Big AL

That is just too kool! You gonna bring it to the round nose race in Evansville? It's gonna be a blast!

That is sweet Al, very nice boat. How does it run? I hope to see it for my self later in the season.

Hope to see ya this year

Big AL

Yo BIG Al you bringin that Madison down for the roundnose race? I may have a drop sponson version in a few months
That Madison is nice job. Hope to get mine ready for the may race in Evansville. paint may be drying on the way there :lol:

See you at Mendota if not before.

Have more work done on the Timex Ready for paint everything is primed.

here are some pictures of the cowl details.

Timex driver

PHIL

Timex album
here are some pictures of the progress.
Looks nice want some pics of my motor hinge? In Rcu if it falls off your Dqd In D-14 if it falls off it gets run over.... Nasty to ruin a sweet motor with a prop or turn fin............
Here are some progress pictures of the scale motor mount and the front radio box installation.

I came up with a good hinge system and it holds the motor in position just right.

Now I plan to make some small latches the hook around the front standoffs to hold the motor down.

Timex scale motor mount hinge system

clik on the small square to get the picture, dont know why it loaded that way the previous pictures were shown ok.
I have the project pretty well finished.

Here is a picture of the new Timex before its maiden run and first race.

TIMEX READY TO RUN

Got the red on Wednsday before the race, graphics and clear Thursday, put it back together Friday morn and tested Friday at Evansville.

Testing went well, Leaned the mix out a bit to keep it loading up and quiting at half throttle, dropped the strut about 1/4 " deeper to get the ride better.

Entered the roundnose scale race and took third in the final. Water was choppy and gusty so it was a good test of the boats handling. This new boat stays on the water and it fast with out any extra lead in the nose. Cant wait to give it another run.

Phil, That New Scale of yours Looks Awesome................

Nice job.....

Big AL B)

Back