Miss Timex

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally have done some progress on the Timex. Laid up the hull last week and getting the setup done. Have the motor mounted and the fake engine in position. Planning on using some spirng roller cabinet latches to hold the motor on. Any one have other good solutions to this problem?
I will get some picture uploaded soon

PHIL
Did some more work on the boat.

The strut and rudder is on and the shaft is ready to be glued in.

More Timex pictures

I finally have done some progress on the Timex. Laid up the hull last week and getting the setup done. Have the motor mounted and the fake engine in position. Planning on using some spirng roller cabinet latches to hold the motor on. Any one have other good solutions to this problem?
I will get some picture uploaded soon

PHIL
Did some more work on the boat.

The strut and rudder is on and the shaft is ready to be glued in.

More Timex pictures
Your on the clock B-Day BOY GITR DUN We have a race just for u

that rudder really looks good!did you cut some off the vm-4 extended strut to get it where you needed it?

Hey Phil,

Sweet build. That rudder is really nice, how much was it? I can't find the pricing on the CMDi website. Thanks

that rudder really looks good!did you cut some off the vm-4 extended strut to get it where you needed it?

Hey Phil,

Sweet build. That rudder is really nice, how much was it? I can't find the pricing on the CMDi website. Thanks
You can email them or call

I paid thinking about $69 more than speedmaster but nice piece.

Also something new is the extended flatbottom strut Speedmaster started making

Hey Phil,

You can email them or call

I paid thinking about $69 more than speedmaster but nice piece.

Also something new is the extended flatbottom strut Speedmaster started making
Hey Phil,

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Timex album
here are some pictures of the progress.
Phil, Where did you get your "MAN" at? Doc

RAINIER UNLIMITED SCALE HYDROS Enumclaw, Wa. Larry Kraemer 360-825-5878

Exhaust stacks, drivers and uniforms, engine parts and complete kits, steering wheels..
Thanks, Gary
Doc is that scale about ready for paint? Or do you want me to take it home from Atlanta and finish it !!!!!Mike

Timex album
here are some pictures of the progress.
Looks nice want some pics of my motor hinge? In Rcu if it falls off your Dqd In D-14 if it falls off it gets run over.... Nasty to ruin a sweet motor with a prop or turn fin............
Here are some progress pictures of the scale motor mount and the front radio box installation.

I came up with a good hinge system and it holds the motor in position just right.

Now I plan to make some small latches the hook around the front standoffs to hold the motor down.

Timex scale motor mount hinge system

clik on the small square to get the picture, dont know why it loaded that way the previous pictures were shown ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good phil, where did you get those pushrod seals from? I like the tilt out motor, that is a cool idea.

Looking good phil, where did you get those pushrod seals from? I like the tilt out motor, that is a cool idea.
Those are seals from G&M models Gary Preusse. You can get them from him or ALs Hobby.

Gary says happiness is a dry radio box.

$20 set of 3

Last edited by a moderator:
cool , thanks again for the info, i'll have to try some of them. every likes a dry radio box.

Decals going out in the morning. Please don't use that antique clear you found on a shelf behind that old 8 track stereo. Go to the paint store and get out one of those moldy ol hundred dollar bills you been keepin back and buy some NEW clear. :angry:

Ha Ha, too funny
Ken wheres the PINK BOAT? did you run the t-4? Phil is the wife coming i need to start making a cake if she is White Choc or Swirl? Count down to the BIG SHOW oh and i talked to George Lainhart if he comes we can get a nice pick of your wife and the boats while your in the JOHN.............Gotta luv the B-Day BOY............... Mikey

Decals going out in the morning. Please don't use that antique clear you found on a shelf behind that old 8 track stereo. Go to the paint store and get out one of those moldy ol hundred dollar bills you been keepin back and buy some NEW clear. :angry:
THANKS for the professional advice :lol: :lol:
SQUEAK SQUEAK.............. I always said you can hear him squeak when he walks...........and we all thought it was old age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Back