McCoy Glow plugs.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Stollfuss

Looking to stock on MC#9's for next year. Who has the best prices? Looking to buy 100 plugs so I can be stocked up for awhile!

Thanks!

Josh-

Try www.philshobbyshop.com , they have excellent prices on large quantities. I think that they go by discounthobbies4u.com or something similar.

Either keep them oiled or in a humidity controlled place so theydon't rust up on you. (REALLY)

If you're already buying wood and need small qtys, Lone star balsa has them for $3.00/ea if you buy $25 in wood first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had one rust, but I just simply leave them sealed in the package until I need them. I guess that must eliminate corrosion issues.

Josh-

hey, try my local retail hobby shop at a pack of 2 for 9.99. he wonders why people mail order

$10.99 a pair here! :eek: I think that Dynamite tried to corner the market on the MC-9's a couple of years ago by buying up all that they could, putting little plastic caps or short pieces of a drinking straw over the coils, tossing them in a bag then inflating the price.

The people that sell them on eBay is usually Phil's Hobby Shop. Steve at Phil's told me to contact him directly for better prices than what they charge on eBay.

Guys, I've got a slightly different question concerning these MC-9s.

Aren't these plugs for use with high nitro fuels; 40, 50% or more? Would I be better off using a different McCoy plug in one of my K&Bs (11, 13cc) or OPSs (2 X 11cc) if I were using a less potent fuel, say 20-25% :ph34r: ?

I think I burned up about 40 plugs this past year, so based on that It would last a couple of years. But I will have another boat for next summer.. Hum, maybe its only going to be a years supply!

Josh-

Hi Guys

Well If some one is going to order so many of these plugs that he has enough for the rest of his life, why not sell a couple for a good price.

I might be interested in a handful of let say mc-8

Ronald.

Back