low profile 3rd channel needle bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, Speedmaster made this 3rd channel blocks for the same effort. Very few were dist But they worked Great. The 2 diff needles in the OS bag also have a diff taper on them.Slow & Fast. I can tell you that the hole design in the bottom of the block is very critical. depending if it is tapered @ top or square & the hole size in relation to the needles used to do the job. If it is not correct the flow meter will be all over the place. A lot of time was spent just getting the flow hole in the block Perfect. If the 9b Os needle is used. You may want to look @ the hole in the 9B adapter.Several people you would know worked on this project to get the stoke correct. When you get yours together You will C what I`am speaking of. To get the needle to flow the numbers slowly & not all @ once can be challanging.Especially when you have to work with the os needles & the fast thread they supply on the third channel adapter. you will only have the hole & distance to P e r fect. yes.... With the center engine located boats Xtreme`s, S/G etc. all the controls are tighter than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell Bear POSTED (showed) on here a 3rd channel stuffed in a RR L/F corner. He says it came from Ernie? I flowed this needle @ a race. It flowed very smooth & had a lot of range. On a blood pressure type it flowed from the 20`s to 100`s. Somone has the inners....... in this needle correct.. it flowed better than most barrel type`s I have flowed in the past. ;)

Joe W said:
Russell Bear POSTED (showed) on here a 3rd channel stuffed in a RR L/F corner. He says it came from Ernie? I flowed this needle @ a race. It flowed very smooth & had a lot of range. On a blood pressure type it flowed from the 20`s to 100`s. Somone has the inners....... in this needle correct.. it flowed better than most barrel type`s I have flowed in the past. ;)
92814[/snapback]

Yep, it was from Ernie LaFleur. And thanks for letting me borrow the flow meter.

Joe W said:
Don, Speedmaster made this 3rd channel blocks for the same effort. Very few were dist But they worked Great. The 2 diff needles in the OS bag also have a diff taper on them.Slow & Fast. I can tell you that the hole design in the bottom of the block is very critical. depending if it  is tapered @ top or square & the hole size in relation to the needles used to do the job. If it is not correct the flow meter will be all over the place. A lot of time was spent just getting the flow hole in the block Perfect. If the 9b Os needle is used. You may want to look @ the hole in the 9B adapter.Several people you would know worked on this project to get the stoke correct. When you get yours together You will C what I`am speaking of. To get the needle to flow the numbers slowly & not all @ once can be challanging.Especially when you have to work with the os needles & the fast thread they supply on the third channel adapter. you will only have the hole & distance to  P e r fect.  yes.... With the center engine located boats Xtreme`s, S/G etc. all the controls are tighter than ever.
92813[/snapback]

Yup, I'm well aware of what's needed to do this right. Like I previously posted I spent two full days testing. Also I think we will wind up with a 21/45 base & a 67 & up base. B)

Don From my past experience the needle in the OS kit that has the line around the diameter of the head worked best on the 20-40 size needles. I dont recall if it was the slow or fast taper. ;)

Ok time to push this back to the forefront. Here's a shot of the twin with the OS needle bases. I will be testing both the twin & the single 84, which gets it's needle base tomorrow, on Sunday. I don't think you can get much cleaner & compact than this. B)

I WANT ONE!

Seriously Don, any chance I can get one in the next 2 weeks? I'm building a new boat right now for the Nats in 3 weeks that could use a compact needle.

Tim.

Tim_Duggan said:
I WANT ONE!Seriously Don, any chance I can get one in the next 2 weeks? I'm building a new boat right now for the Nats in 3 weeks that could use a compact needle.

Tim.

93565[/snapback]

That's gonna be tough. But for the record the needle bases worked today every bit as good as I had hoped & expected. The next field test will be on the 21 boat. There will be two sizes of bases, a 21/45 & a 67 & up. This is the only way to achieve the precise control of mixture I want people to have & be able to flow the big motors. On the 67/up base you will use the standard needle & on the 21/45 base you will use the fine needle. B)

Hi Don sorry it is taking me so long to get you the next set of needle blocks but I had to start over again tonight after a dumb mistake . Scott

Don;

just a quick change of subjest. you going to Greenbiar at the end of the month?

carl

Don, It looks like you hit upon a winner here! I want a few, but I'll hit you up when the rush is over. Hate to see you get so busy that it overwhelms ya. B)

Don, Are you going to move just the block, or the whole assembly. Also off topic, are you running two different flex shaft diameters in your twin???????? Ray

Ray Sametz said:
Don, Are you going to move just the block, or the whole assembly. Also off topic, are you running two different flex shaft diameters in your twin????????  Ray
94275[/snapback]

Ok you've completely lost me. :blink:

Both shafts in the twin are 1/4" :)

Hi Don,

Could you put me in for a few. I need one for my Mac 21, 45, 84 please purty please :D :D :D Here's my e-mail if you need the cash mail to you. Just send me you address.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Richard B)

District 9 #366

Don Ferrette said:
A bump to the front. I'm done testing & totally pleased with results. Time to gear up for mass production.  :)
97966[/snapback]

brushlesstunnelhull said:
what the hell is a remote needle im a electric guy and dont know waht it is but would like too
98001[/snapback]

A remote needle that adjusts the fuel flow to the engine, can't see the need for one with electric.

Don, bring one to the new fredrick site when we have our combined club race on May 15th.I will buy it then for the scale and maybe one fort the sport 40 too.

Latest posts

Back