GOLD CUP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken stang

Anyone going to the Gold cup this weekend? I will be there. Should be a lot of old classic boats there.

Wish I could, school and the wife say no. What's worse is I'll be in Detroit 2 weeks prior next summer and will miss it then tooo :angry:

I believe my brother and I are making the trek up from Cincy to come watch Sunday. I'm anxious to see all the offshore racing as well!

the U37 Miss Peters & May. Driver JW Myers hit a wall coming out of Roostertail turn after loosing a skid fin. Last word was he appeared to be okay & was being checked at a local hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boats destroyed, thats to bad, was looking forward to the 37 in Tri-Cities. Nice driving by JW to avoid the pits, and risk someone getting hurt or worse, instead he decided to take his chances with the WALL and his ankle lost. JW is the man.

GO JMK

ANTI-VILLWOCK

When you look at how bad the boat was damaged, it is very repairable and may even make it to SeaFair, JW's lucky he only has a broken ankle. Heck, he may be able to drive at SeaFair if the boat's ready. I remember a few years back, one of the boats had the whole side torn off and it was repaired and racing at the next stop on the circuit. I wouldn't count the U-37 out yet. For all we know, it could show up in Tri-Cities in two weeks and look like nothing ever happened

The results are in, unoffically at least:

1) U-96 Spirit of Qatar

2) U-1 Oh Boy! Oberto

3) U-7 Graham Trucking

4) U-100 Jarvis Reconstruction

5) U-5 Formula Boats

6) U-17 Red Dot

Just went back and looked at the picture of the U-37. As I said , the boat is repairable and COULD be ready for Tri-Cities in two weeks. What it's going to take to repair the boat is replace the canard, the front spar, the front main spar and part, if not all of of both canoes. The driver's capsule may be repairable as well, but it's hard to say without seeing it up close. Replacing it would be my choise as well. Since the center section of the boat wasn't badly damaged aft of the main spar, the boat could be running in two weeks, pending any underdeck damage

Just went back and looked at the picture of the U-37. As I said , the boat is repairable and COULD be ready for Tri-Cities in two weeks. What it's going to take to repair the boat is replace the canard, the front spar, the front main spar and part, if not all of of both canoes. The driver's capsule may be repairable as well, but it's hard to say without seeing it up close. Replacing it would be my choise as well. Since the center section of the boat wasn't badly damaged aft of the main spar, the boat could be running in two weeks, pending any underdeck damage
Boat looks destroyed to me, but Im not sure the 37 has the funds to fix this, they were looking to sell the boat ealier this year, and wasnt sure if they were even going to run at all because of Money problems :( Hope your right HydroJunkie, I will think positive, or try too now that crybaby Villwock just won.

Hey Villwock, even if you break Chips and Bills records your still not top 5 in my book.

I have to agree with you on the subject of funding. If Peters & May are willing to supply the funding, the boat can be repaired fairly quickly. It's still the call of the Schumachers(I know, I spelled it wrong) on whether the boat will be repaired or scrapped

Hope they have a backup hull.

Hope they have a backup hull.
They have a backup hull and a new one as well. However, the back up was stripped of parts for the new one and the new one is a long ways away from ready.

This boat is toast. Most likly they find a hull to lease from somebody or transfer the sponsorship to someone else. Maybe the U-17?

There's four Hulls I can think of that could be lease.. Brian Perkins Old U-50 U-48 (Leland Hulls) or there's the U-10 hull an Greg Hopp's Pico Hull. Hope they can rebuilt it or replace the boat. JW Myers Is a great driver an the boat looked Awesome an perform good in Madison.

Latest posts

Back