Glow plug quality problems?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have experience with Merlin plugs?
Yes. Russell Bear bought a bunch of them and I got 50 from him. They're OK for low nitro cars and trucks but ran like crap with one size that I bought but another worked better. Jim Irwin was going to have him make some to his spec's but I don't know how many were made as I'm still waiting for the samples that Jim was going to send me.

The 2001's worked better than the 2006's.

For those looking at the O'Donnell's, try the "Purple" plugs as people have been having very good luck with those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have experience with Merlin plugs?
Yes. Russell Bear bought a bunch of them and I got 50 from him. They're OK for low nitro cars and trucks but ran like crap with one size that I bought but another worked better. Jim Irwin was going to have him make some to his spec's but I don't know how many were made as I'm still waiting for the samples that Jim was going to send me.

The 2001's worked better than the 2006's.

For those looking at the O'Donnell's, try the "Purple" plugs as people have been having very good luck with those.
Ron the ODonnell [purple] plug has the same wire as the [ODO99]plug. The difference being in the stem seal, It has a conventional style stem seal. The seal material is different from our competitors,To date have not herd of any problems. They only come in standard copper seat [no turbo seat] and the price is comparable to other manufactures. Hope this is some help. Regards J. ODonnell

Thanks Jack. We need some enlightenment on which plugs work best for which nitro and cube size if that matters.

I've only seen what others are reporting on your plugs. Not one complaint yet! :)

Too funny. I was just going to order 18 of the Odonnell 89's to get the $20 discount from Tower but it won't let you increase the quantity to more than 9. Gotta love Tower huh.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see now, I have to add the plugs on twice with a quantity of 9 each!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back