Electric Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbird

Hey all you scalers out there. I'm thinking about building a new project. I'd like to put together a scale electric Miss M., but I have no knowledge of how the electric boats work or where to buy what I need. I do know I'd like to put a Plettenberg motor in it, but I guess what I need to know is how to set up the drive train an the electronics for the motor. Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks

BIGBIRD

Hey all you scalers out there. I'm thinking about building a new project. I'd like to put together a scale electric Miss M., but I have no knowledge of how the electric boats work or where to buy what I need. I do know I'd like to put a Plettenberg motor in it, but I guess what I need to know is how to set up the drive train an the electronics for the motor. Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks

BIGBIRD
Yo Bird, you should also post this in the FE forum on here, there are a couple guys in there to steer you the right way. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The "other" board has alot of guys currently running 1/8th scale f/e- I pm'd you the link.

I use the Plett 370 50 A1S, built the boat from Newton plans and made the access wider to accept LiPo's and a little extra room to get at the electronics.

many are now using 10S1P set-ups and fitting them inside currently available glass hulls.

Send me your e-mail address and I will send some more pics directly to you.

[email protected]

Executone_Build_128.jpg

I use the Plett 370 50 A1S, built the boat from Newton plans and made the access wider to accept LiPo's and a little extra room to get at the electronics.many are now using 10S1P set-ups and fitting them inside currently available glass hulls.

Send me your e-mail address and I will send some more pics directly to you.

[email protected]
VERY pretty boat Steve !!!!

What's that thing got , like 1500 bucks of Lipo's in it ???

WOW. Nice setup.

Got any video of the boat running, I'd love to see it run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the cells are expensive. Your probably not far off. I also run these cells in my open mono, so they get used in more than the scale.

I don't have video, but I think Eddie caught some of it at the Michigan Cup last year.

Yes, the cells are expensive. Your probably not far off. I also run these cells in my open mono, so they get used in more than the scale. I don't have video, but I think Eddie caught some of it at the Michigan Cup last year.

What boat are you running open mono with ??

Any pics ??

47" Delta Force with a 3060/9T ...X457/3 prop 10S2P; 40.160 controller. I have used up my attachment allotment, I will have to start my owm pic gallery to post more pics, or I can e-mail them to you.

steve I'll get a few pics up, BTW steve's boat was much prettier in person... we have had good success with the lehner motors too.. 2280/11 but the pletty's are great motors

here is one of my favourite pics.....

here is Steve boogying down the front straight with Ken Joye hot on his heels, the lead changed every turn...

med_gallery_586_310_258113.jpg

here's a snap of the crew at last years michigan cup.. scale boats are up front...

med_gallery_586_310_336518.jpg

Latest posts

Back