E-bay items

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek kustomz

Hey guys,

I'm looking at two rossi 61's on ebay item #'s 6020704598 and 6020704843 and would like some input from you all. I have a 60-80 size mongoose twin I would like to install them in. A couple of issues/questions I have are do you think they would be worth mt time due to power, parts availability, and overall quality of the product. Personally they seem to good to be true and I have to wonder if they will in fact produce the speed that I'm looking for. As you all know I am a newbie and don't really know what kind of speed and stability I can expect from this boat, thus I turn to you all to pick your brains and ask that you offer you knowledgable opinions as to if these engines are really worth it. My parents always taught you get what you pay for. Are these to good to be true?

thnx,

zach :huh:

Then your probably looking at the ones I have bid on. I'll back off if you want them. Was looking to get them to pad my collection for my scale. I think they would work great in a twin. I run the 67 version in my Jag. Parts are very hard to come by expecialy for the older 65's. It may say 61 on the case but they are 65's just like the Rossi 65 are actually a 67.

well what kind of speed are you lookin for? Those arent matched engines also. Carbs look different. May be a headache without advil in sight.

Larry

HEY GUYS

I HAVE THREE ROSSI 90 FOR SALE 2 BRAND NEW ONE SLIGHTLY USED TAKE AUS$800.00 PLUS SHIPPING

SEE PICTURES IN MY PHOTO GALLERY

well what kind of speed are you lookin for? Those arent matched engines also. Carbs look different. May be a headache without advil in sight.

Larry
Larry,

Fasssst! Like anyone else. I would like to push this hull to it's maximum potential, however this is a hobby not a bill. If you have anymore insight on what route I should take let me know. I didn't notice that the engines were not matched and being new to the hobby I appreciate the heads up on the headache. Advil never really worked for me, preffer ball bat.

I didn't notice that the engines were not matched and being new to the hobby I appreciate the heads up on the headache. Advil never really worked for me, preffer ball bat.
Zach you definitely want matched engines in a twin. A good pair of strong running stock engines are your best bet. You get into mis-matched engines or engines that are not perfectly modded the same & there ain't gonna be a big enough bat for the headaches you'll endure. :blink:

I didn't notice that the engines were not matched and being new to the hobby I appreciate the heads up on the headache. Advil never really worked for me, preffer ball bat.
Zach you definitely want matched engines in a twin. A good pair of strong running stock engines are your best bet. You get into mis-matched engines or engines that are not perfectly modded the same & there ain't gonna be a big enough bat for the headaches you'll endure. :blink:
Don,

Thnx for the help. Do you have any suggestions as to what might produce optimum speeds for this type of boat. I'm looking for input from you all, such as opinions ect. on brands, types, and COST EFFECTIVENESS.

thnx for the help,

Don,

Thnx for the help. Do you have any suggestions as to what might produce optimum speeds for this type of boat. I'm looking for input from you all, such as opinions ect. on brands, types, and COST EFFECTIVENESS.

thnx for the help,
A good pair of MAC or CMB's would be preferrable. There are other options out there such as OPS. Trying to work within a limited budget & the word twin sometimes don't go well in the same sentence. You might want to try to hook up with Eric Canto here on I/W. If I recall correctly he had a bunch of motors on hand & I believe offered a **** good deal to Larry (Speed Jr.) on a set of blue head MAC 84's that Larry opted to pass on. Eric's a good guy & won't do you wrong. My last twin was set up with MAC 84's & was **** fast. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly he had a bunch of motors on hand & I believe offered a **** good deal to Larry (Speed Jr.) on a set of blue head MAC 84's that Larry opted to pass on.

Was a **** good deal <_< Am I really that cheap? :D :D :lol: :lol: :p :p :( :unsure:

Larry

those are good engine sand make pretty good power. if i were you and you are a new boater i would think real hard before running a twin. but if you are i would consider running two os max .81 you can get them for $300.00 each brand new the latest version and the parts are avalible for them. these engines are very reliable they idle good and make good power.

p.s. man whats up with that wide boy racing guy his prices are out of site i think someone told him his cylinder linners are gold not brass!!! :blink:

p.s. man whats up with that wide boy racing guy his prices are out of site i think someone told him his cylinder linners are gold not brass!!! :blink:
That would be Australian dollars. Steve's from down under.......................
HE IS STILL HIGH HE WANTED A $100.00 FOR A PICCO EXHAUST THROTTLE AMERICAN DOLLARS THATS OUTRAGEOUS

THAT EXHAUST THROTTLE & VENTURI FOR US$100.00 WAS BRAND NEW AND DO YOU THINK 3 ROSSI FOR AUS$800.00 DOLLARS IS EXPENSIVE THAT IS $600.00 DOLLARS AMERICAN.

Steve,

Apologies for not realising where you were, etc., any further info on that .45 mentioned in PM's would be appreciated.

B)

Latest posts

Back