Dumas 1/8th Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

Mine is somewhere in the Celina lake and now am in the need of a new one. I'm looking for the non Dumas one, that is bigger and I'd add a picture if I knew how. I can e-mail a picture.

It would help if we knew what boat you have as Dumas only made four "scale" boats. They made kits for the 73 Pay'N Pak, 82 Atlas, 84 Miller American and a still produced hybrid Circus Circus that combines features of both Circus boats, the 8401 Turbine Atlas and 8700 Miller High Life. One other thing to consider is that the Dumas boats used a narrower engine bay than most other scale hulls or plans so buying a cowl may not work without modding the boat as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would help if we knew what boat you have as Dumas only made four "scale" boats. They made kits for the 73 Pay'N Pak, 82 Atlas, 84 Miller American and a still produced hybrid Circus Circus that combines features of both Circus boats, the 8401 Turbine Atlas and 8700 Miller High Life. One other thing to consider is that the Dumas boats used a narrower engine bay than most other scale hulls or plans so buying a cowl may not work without modding the boat as well.
It's the Dumas Circus Circus. I'll e-mail you a picture if you send me your e-mail.

Mike

Mike,

Let me check tonight. I may have a set of molds for the cowl. I know I have the Circus Scoop for that boat. I believe a have a two piece cowl mold I bought a few years back.

I will check tonight. If I have the molds, I will begin to prep them for molding.

Bert Dygert

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one new that I never used. If your interested I take a pic of it for you. I sold my Circus and will sell it. Rich

Guys,

Thanks for all your help on this and sorry for sounding a little stupid about this. I'm not the original builder of this hull and so far have been tracking down a water leak into the radio box (finally found the reason), got hit at a race, rebuilding the rear wing and repairing damage to the rear of the hull, then lost the cowl at the last race. I do know the cowl was not part of the kit and was made out of fiberglass. I figured out how to add pictures on here now, and found a picture during the original build. I called Dumas, and the wood one is still available she said, but i would prefer a fiberglass or abs.

Again thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• 100_1773.JPG
    100_1773.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 0
Heres a couple of pics. I would like $75 shipped for it as its has 2 windshields and a driver. Rich

Attachments

• P1010069.JPG
    P1010069.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010070.JPG
    P1010070.JPG
    643.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back