doug shepard hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlspeedracer

anyone know how to mod the bottom so at mill speed the hull doesn't suck down so bad? boat runs and rides nice at full speed just not able to mill.. thanks Dave

.The DPS Gen 1 108 and 109 hulls have been a work hourse for many years in the 1/8 scale class. The hull has 2 or 3 1/8 USA-1 titles to its credit and I myself like many others have used it win many races. So Lets take a look at the bottom and find out whats wrong. . The Sponson edges need to be sharpe (with no paint on them) Drive line and engine off set 1/4 inch to the left side of hull. One of Walt's 22 to 24 oz tank in the left frt side of hull. Radio box in the frt with engine 1/2 behind radio box to frt of carb. Hull likes many of the 2 and 3 bladed prop that most all 1/8 boaters use today. The 109 Cowling needs to have a opening behind the drivers head for air movement. Engines need to be tuned for good low end power with a prop that has a good amount of pitch. Take a look and thanks Doug Shepherd

Last edited:
Yup my old boat. Its all about the prop and pipe on that boat. Long pipe 67ab is what I used. With a toungless 1457x3

i have one also and the key to milling is a good low end setting on the carb also run a tongueless pitched up x457/2. i have it set so i can take my finger off the throttle and it mills just like a t-boat , and pull the trigger and she takes off. (and yeah its dales notre dame)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, You are getting a All New Gen 2 -108 hull . You are in the works .I have work many hours to redesign and remolding the bottom to help it Pop like the newer hulls of today. It will help the cournier speeds and Mill speed as well. Doug

Last edited:
Back