Doc Turner's New Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are wood and foam. SST builds the hulls. IE Mark Bullard. The twins are also SST boats. We both destroyed our twins at the Evansville race in June. The twins were built in about 6-8 weeks and tested. First test mine ran 80 mph. Strut adjustments have been done and we expect to run about 85+ heat racing.

The sport 40 weighs 7 lbs completed less fuel. Doc

They are wood and foam. SST builds the hulls. IE Mark Bullard. The twins are also SST boats. We both destroyed our twins at the Evansville race in June. The twins were built in about 6-8 weeks and tested. First test mine ran 80 mph. Strut adjustments have been done and we expect to run about 85+ heat racing.

looks like a rigger to me..lol / jk looks **** fast sittin still, you have to run that through the impba tech yet?

tk

" looks like a rigger to me..lol / jk looks **** fast sittin still, you have to run that through the impba tech yet?"

Hey Terry,

Mark posted pics of his boats as he was building. I have attached a couple pictures of his hull bottom. Would you care to elaborate on how this looks like a rigger??? I think it's GREAT that there are still a few of us that build our own hulls to comply with rules specified in the Rule Book. Where do you read that scratch hulls, not intended for production, have to be run through IMPBA Tech ???

Hull looks GREAT Mark - nice to see some variety in Sport 40. Keep up the GREAT work. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

looks like a rigger to me..lol / jk looks **** fast sittin still, you have to run that through the impba tech yet?

tk
No problem Terry and yes they are bad fast. These boats are very straight forward to the rule bookand it would be a waste of time to tech them.

" looks like a rigger to me..lol / jk looks **** fast sittin still, you have to run that through the impba tech yet?"

Hey Terry,

Mark posted pics of his boats as he was building. I have attached a couple pictures of his hull bottom. Would you care to elaborate on how this looks like a rigger??? I think it's GREAT that there are still a few of us that build our own hulls to comply with rules specified in the Rule Book. Where do you read that scratch hulls, not intended for production, have to be run through IMPBA Tech ???

Hull looks GREAT Mark - nice to see some variety in Sport 40. Keep up the GREAT work. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
i think possibly before you get your feathers ruffled there buddy.. i was messing with them as that is what i do when i like someone..i heard enough about the other deal that i was having a little fun..sorry to mess up your perfect world there buddy. and as far as building to the specified rules in the rules book .. i assume you are talking about the 5 or 6 very vague rules..and i was told my scratch hull not inteneded for production was needing to pass impba tech before competition..so how does that read?

tk

tk
No problem Terry and yes they are bad fast. These boats are very straight forward to the rule bookand it would be a waste of time to tech them.
yea hthey look **** nice mark.. might be intrested in one of your 20 hulls afterall if i cant get mine dialed for race water.. yours look good and there are none up here..so...well see. thanks mark.

tk

tk
yea hthey look **** nice mark.. might be intrested in one of your 20 hulls afterall if i cant get mine dialed for race water.. yours look good and there are none up here..so...well see. thanks mark.

tk
I just happen to have one Sport 20 ready to go. Comes with motor mount, turnfin and two cowls. It is a third generation boat like the sport 40's. The second generation boat that Doc ran went 62 mph last november at the Huntsville record trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like terminator is a little touchy when it comes to building a boat (rules what rules) ?

By the way good looking boat Doc.

Hey Terry,

Come on Bob take the tape off those sponsons............ Good job Mike

"Come on Bob take the tape off those sponsons............ Good job Mike"

Hey Mike,

That is Mark Bullard's Hull Mike - not one of mine - - he'll have to remove the tape for you. I'll only assume that it's Official Sport 40 authorized tape - Har, Har !!! I don't take pictures of the bottom of mine - might Confuse some. CHEERS !!! Bob

hay mark it`s kevin here from aust,just wondering how my two sst 180 twins are coming along????

i think you said they would be ready to go by now could you give me an update please.

thanks kevin.

hay mark it`s kevin here from aust,just wondering how my two sst 180 twins are coming along????

i think you said they would be ready to go by now could you give me an update please.

thanks kevin.
They are done and have had one test session. A picture of mine is in the hydro section. 80 mph first time run and handling well. Turning h-50 props. Strut adjustments have been made. We hope to run 85+ heat racing. Gary

thanks kevin.
They are done and have had one test session. A picture of mine is in the hydro section. 80 mph first time run and handling well. Turning h-50 props. Strut adjustments have been made. We hope to run 85+ heat racing. Gary
so gary your saying that mark has given my twins a test run????? if so i should be able to get them of him very soon is that right???

thanks kevin.

Back