AC sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here they are. The box as two pieces of wood on each end with small hooks screwed in them and then use rubber bands to keep it secure. Hope this helps.
Hey that hull looks familiar......

Gen 2 are great, I changed the sponson running pads, they never seem to go straight if you let go of the wheel, I used the supplied radio box shell and built a bottom and sides as you can see in Brandons pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me about the changes you think Gen1 may need? adding sharp and flat ride pads seems to be the biggest comments,.. That boat does look really nice.. I'm told that if you get the prop out from under the boat there are no issues.. and it's a great boat..

Here's a few photos of one I used to own. The was the pro 40 II version. It had the main fuel tank located in the left sponson with radio box up front.

Sadly I lost this one on the rocks in Girdwood Alaska.

Regards,

Scott

AC Pro 40II b.jpg

AC Pro 40II.jpg

AC Pro40II e.jpg

I got my boat yesterday,.. I'm a little confused.. The radio box has no sides. Only front back and top... This one will take to work but it can be a nice boat again,.. This one has holes in the inside sponson area as if maybe there were fuel tanks there at one time. Should I just build a box up front?

you could build a box up front and balance the boat. what happens when the fuel is up there the nose gets light as you race....as a matter of fact back in the day before i got mine i read a review by a Canadian boater named Mike Shane he built alot of AC boats ... the sport 40 and some cats.I was an Avid reader of R.C.B.M (radio control boat modeler magazine) the way he had his set up the fuel tank were in the hull in front of the motor under the side deck and he used the shape of the front for a radio box..he just made the front of it and the top with a plexiglass cover.. i always wanted to try that..but i have since moved on to wooden boats only.here was mine

06-07 pics001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is how the radio box is installed as supplied by AC boats

P1010694_zps221a3f42.jpg

yep,,that's what I've got.. Don't think I'll use that.. Maybe I'll just use the top piece as a top to my box though..

Back