93 Bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't blame you for being frustrated with the issue, it's seems to me that those who want a specific decal made should be responsible to do the research and have the right info before going to get them made. For the person to be vague about a specific boat there looking for then the blame should fall on them. Anyways I'm not going to start a bashing but I can see how it would spoil a hobby.

I always been satisfied with your work and appreciate the time you take to make great decals.

"Im going to have to take issue with the NAMBA guys out there."

WES,

Don't take issue with "NAMBA Guys" - It was this 'NAMBA GUY' that told you What the: "MHR 8901 92,93 U-1 Budweiser (RED)" was referreing to. The next line Item under MHR 8901 in the NAMBA MHR is: "94 U-1 Miss Budweiser (All red paint job).

R/C Unlimiteds MHR is a little different. It shows:

8901 89-93 C U-1/12 Miss Budweiser (Gold)

next line item:

8901 94 U-1 Miss Budweiser (Red)

It appears your customer doesn't know what he is talking about. And 'You' - rather than having your customer make his graphics need clear, or provide you a photo of what he wanted - "ASSUMED" = that means: Make an "Ass" out of "U" and "Me" . Now you have an unhappy customer, and wasted time making an 'improperly identified' set of graphics.

And you're ".. going to have to take issue with the NAMBA Guys out there." Come on Wes. The issue is not NAMBA or IMPBA or R/C Unlimiteds. It "IS" miscommunications between you and one of your customers.

You "Bust your Butt" to make money to improve you and your family's life just like the rest of us do.

Guess you hit a nerve, Wes. There was no all red boat in 1993. Point the finger, if you must, between you and your customer. CHEERS !!! Bob

"Im going to have to take issue with the NAMBA guys out there."

WES,

Don't take issue with "NAMBA Guys" - It was this 'NAMBA GUY' that told you What the: "MHR 8901 92,93 U-1 Budweiser (RED)" was referreing to. The next line Item under MHR 8901 in the NAMBA MHR is: "94 U-1 Miss Budweiser (All red paint job).

R/C Unlimiteds MHR is a little different. It shows:

8901 89-93 C U-1/12 Miss Budweiser (Gold)

next line item:

8901 94 U-1 Miss Budweiser (Red)

It appears your customer doesn't know what he is talking about. And 'You' - rather than having your customer make his graphics need clear, or provide you a photo of what he wanted - "ASSUMED" = that means: Make an "Ass" out of "U" and "Me" . Now you have an unhappy customer, and wasted time making an 'improperly identified' set of graphics.

And you're ".. going to have to take issue with the NAMBA Guys out there." Come on Wes. The issue is not NAMBA or IMPBA or R/C Unlimiteds. It "IS" miscommunications between you and one of your customers.

You "Bust your Butt" to make money to improve you and your family's life just like the rest of us do.

Guess you hit a nerve, Wes. There was no all red boat in 1993. Point the finger, if you must, between you and your customer. CHEERS !!! Bob
What I'm saying is that the way it is worded, It implies that the boat was "red". That is what the customer was looking at. That and he has a buddy that has an all red "93" bud. They are ALL going off your site. If you hadn't sckooled me I would have thought maybe they had a red backup boat or something.

Change it so all of us dummies don't get confused....and the boat decal stuff is a HOBBY! You cant make enough money on this stuff to pay the trash man.

Wes,

OK, so now the problem is with the Master Hull Roster (MHR). I know how hard numerous people have worked over the years to make those document available. They (NAMBA and R/C Unlimites's MHR) are probably the best reference souce Model Scale Boating have available. If you don't understand, ask and some of us will help. You had numerous members on IW attempt to answer your questions, and I believe they did.

The issue remains between You and your Customer. In past years you have made graphics when you were supplied Newton paint plans. In this case, your customer didn't know what they wanted and you got sucked in despite asking and receiving help. The product was improperly defined and produced.

I suggest you get pics of what your customer thinks they want. Most Unlimited hull change sponsors race to race during a season. A picture freezes that hull in time.

I suggest Scale boaters as a whole reference the MHR first to determine which boat the want to model then measure the specific hull they want to use to ensure it meets the measurement ranges in the MHR. Then gather paint plan, pictures, and other reference material to make that measured model pictured.

1/8 Scale Dumas Atlas hulls built to be painted as that specific Atlas, but the modeler really liked the paint scheme on the T-6 Bud and simply applied that color and graphics to his new pride and joy.

The next thing they do is show up at a sanctioned race (it doesn't matter if it's NAMBA, IMPBA, or APBA with R/C Unlimited) and want to race at this event.

Who's rules do we change at this juncture, Wes??

The only resolution I see in this particular set of circumstances is someone eating a set of graphics - - either You or Your Customer. After all this verbiage - - Maybe someone will want to buy a set of your graphics for a MHR 8901 92-93 Miss Budweiser (RED) and we will all learn something. Get a picture. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes,

OK, so now the problem is with the Master Hull Roster (MHR). I know how hard numerous people have worked over the years to make those document available. They (NAMBA and R/C Unlimites's MHR) are probably the best reference souce Model Scale Boating have available. If you don't understand, ask and some of us will help. You had numerous members on IW attempt to answer your questions, and I believe they did.

The issue remains between You and your Customer. In past years you have made graphics when you were supplied Newton paint plans. In this case, your customer didn't know what they wanted and you got sucked in despite asking and receiving help. The product was improperly defined and produced.

I suggest you get pics of what your customer thinks they want. Most Unlimited hull change sponsors race to race during a season. A picture freezes that hull in time.

I suggest Scale boaters as a whole reference the MHR first to determine which boat the want to model then measure the specific hull they want to use to ensure it meets the measurement ranges in the MHR. Then gather paint plan, pictures, and other reference material to make that measured model pictured.

1/8 Scale Dumas Atlas hulls built to be painted as that specific Atlas, but the modeler really liked the paint scheme on the T-6 Bud and simply applied that color and graphics to his new pride and joy.

The next thing they do is show up at a sanctioned race (it doesn't matter if it's NAMBA, IMPBA, or APBA with R/C Unlimited) and want to race at this event.

Who's rules do we change at this juncture, Wes??

The only resolution I see in this particular set of circumstances is someone eating a set of graphics - - either You or Your Customer. After all this verbiage - - Maybe someone will want to buy a set of your graphics for a MHR 8901 92-93 Miss Budweiser (RED) and we will all learn something. Get a picture. CHEERS !!! Bob
All I'm saying is change the wording so that it's not so confusing to those who do not have your superior intelect. JEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I just saw this and it appears that the issue is a miscommunication between the customer and what he told you he wanted.

Not getting involved in that issue but just to add some information to the discussion. I originally thought from your original post that what your customer wanted was the Gold boat but with the blue outlines on the Budweiser words. In 1992 the outline of the words was switched from black to blue. This is on the Gold boats that ran through 1994. Yes, I said 1994. The T3 was painted all red for the 1994 season. The T-2 was left in the Red, White and Gold paint job as there was thought of it going to the Smithsonian However, when the T3 crashed during practice in Seattle,the T-2 was pressed back into service. It raced in Seattle in it's Red, White and Gold paint scheme. It was then repainted in the all red paint scheme for the San Diego race. The only race it ran while painted all red.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this and it appears that the issue is a miscommunication between the customer and whay hje told youhe wanted.

Not getting involved in that issue but just to add some information to the discussion. I originally thought from your original post that what your customer wanted was the Gold boat but with the blue outlines on the Budweiser words. In 1992 the outline of the words was switched from black to blue. This is on the Gold boats that ran through 1994. Yes, I said 1994. The T3 was painted all red for the 1994 season. The T-2 was left in the3 Red, White and Gold paint job as there was thought of it going to the Smithsonian However, when the T3 crashed during practice in Seattle,the T-2 was pressed back into service. It raceds in Seattle in it's Red, White and Gold paint scheme. It was then repainted in the all red paint scheme for the San Diego race. The only race it ran while painted all red.
That's good info. I learned most of that from you and others. My customer STILL is convinced the boat ran as an all red boat in 93. Partly due to the NAMBA boat list and partly due to an article he found describing the acomplishments of the Bud team in 93. It has a big pic of a bright red boat in the article. The article was written in 94 so the pic had to be taken that year but still no convincing this guy! The "customer is always right" so I had to send him decals that I normally sell to the 94 Bud guys for his "93" all red Bud that he plans to race in NAMBA races I think. The whole thing perplexes me. Think I'll go drink heavily ;-)

I just saw this and it appears that the issue is a miscommunication between the customer and whay hje told youhe wanted.

Not getting involved in that issue but just to add some information to the discussion. I originally thought from your original post that what your customer wanted was the Gold boat but with the blue outlines on the Budweiser words. In 1992 the outline of the words was switched from black to blue. This is on the Gold boats that ran through 1994. Yes, I said 1994. The T3 was painted all red for the 1994 season. The T-2 was left in the3 Red, White and Gold paint job as there was thought of it going to the Smithsonian However, when the T3 crashed during practice in Seattle,the T-2 was pressed back into service. It raceds in Seattle in it's Red, White and Gold paint scheme. It was then repainted in the all red paint scheme for the San Diego race. The only race it ran while painted all red.
wow, you need a pretty detailed score card to keep that all straight, I would love to see a picture of a gold,red,white Bud, with white letters, blue shadow, I have over 50 different shots of all the T buds, all mine have black outline.

Maybe Harry can start a detailed list of each hull and major changes, paint,cockpit,Block lettering, Script lettering (2001) ect.... if its not written down, I forget....................

Back