91 Winston Eagle Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon White

Supporting Member
I've had this boat for awhile finally making time to work on it. I bought it on here and it looks like Roger newton but not sure.. It once was a Smokin Joe with older 3/16 shaft going to upgrade it and make it into a Winston. I've always been a fan of the Winston boat and don't see many Scale's of them.

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

Worked on it some today. Took the old 3/16 tubing out and add more length to the front canard. Do have a question on how to keep the cockpit window stationary? Should I build a small frame on the inside?

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Here is one method to secure the canopy to the cowl. Have a look at this pic from my 97 Close Call. Not a great pic of the cowling but you can get the idea. Cowling is very similar to yours. You will need to cut out the flat top and epoxy the edges of the canopy to the inside of the cowl. Hang on to the flat piece though. You will need to mount a driver to it and re-insert it if you want to race in some scale clubs that require drives. I also love the 91 Winston. Will either be building it or the 91 American Spirit this winter. Have fun :) Thx

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?app=gallery&image=8821

Back