2009 LA FE SAWs cancelled

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor347

Hey everyone. I spoke with Ray Fuller and Mark Grim today. Due to many reasons (economy, low expected attendance etc), it’s been decided that this years LA FE SAWs at Legg Lake will be cancelled.

The plan is to hold the event again “once we’ve recovered from the financial b#&t kicking we’ve all gotten over the last year”. Tell me that doesn’t sound like something Ray would say! Ray’s handled the lion’s share of the bill for this event for years, I figure he’s allowed a year off. Let's face it, it takes a lot of work to put on this event and it's pretty hard to justify if we're only going to get 4-6 racers.

Mark wanted me to make sure that everyone knows there’s a mixed power SAWs the weekend of November 7-8 that we are all welcome to attend. I told him I’d be there!

Thanks Brian... he sure has put up a good show so far, he deserves to sit out a little.

We have more SAW events this year that FEers can participate which should take care of

the "need for speed" of anyone willing to participate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Jan, Ray deserves a break as well as acknowledgement for his generous support thus far. Fortunately Mark has provided an open-door attitude for us and there is the race in November to set some new FE records.

I would like to be the first to invite all the electric racers to join us at the November SAW. I love to see what you are up to and there should be some good gas and nitro boats for you to watch. We'll be bringing some of them, and Mark and Chris Grim among others will have more.

Lohring Miller

I would like to be the first to invite all the electric racers to join us at the November SAW. I love to see what you are up to and there should be some good gas and nitro boats for you to watch. We'll be bringing some of them, and Mark and Chris Grim among others will have more.

Lohring Miller
There are still 2 more SAWS at Legg this year, just not a dedicated FE only. It's fun to play at the mixed SAWS.

SAW August 29 & 30

2-Lap September 26 & 27

SAW November 7 & 8

And keep an eye here for any other changes to the schedule: http://www.namba19.com/race_forms/forms.html

Dang!......

This'll be the first year that I haven't attempted to set a record at the Legg Lake FE SAW since the inaugural FE TT's.

Won't be able to do the November SAW because of a conflict with the International Speed Challenge event the following weekend at Fontana....

http://www.rc-isc.com/

Back