2009 Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

The 6th Annual "Gary Johnson" Grand Prix Classic is coming again Feb 21-22 in Fremont, CA.

This year the very popular Classic Thunderboat class is being added to the race schedule.

Here's the list of classes being offered:

1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane

Classic Thunderboat

A Mod Tunnel

B Mod Tunnel

Sport 21

Sport 40-2

G1 Cat

G1 Sport Hydro

and Twin X Outrigger

and RTR Hydros

The website isn't updated yet but here's a link to it.

http://www.grandprixclassic.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Right On!! this will be a great test for my new g1 sport boat...Great event, you all should plan to attend!

thanks, Bob

Glenn, I need photography lessons...

new_GASSER_035.jpg

Oh! Just a reminder invitation to all you FE guys. Your invitation still stands and this year I think we will allow any of you who have a Aquacraft UL to race with the sport 21 class with a 4S Lipo limitation. We want to keep all classes in line with the minimum and maximum speeds of an average competitive fleet so Electric Scales can run with the nitros with a 8S Lipo limitation and your FE Cats can run with the Gas Cats and a 10S limitation. I guess FE sport boats can also run with the Gas Sport boats and a 10S limitation as well and a 6S limitation on electric sport boats running in Sport II class. And as I think about it more.... if you have a twin electric hydro you can run it in Twin Outrigger class with a 8S limitation for each motor.

What do you guys think about that?

Okay I sent in my entry :D , I will be defending my twin title and already have been told look out not this time :eek: , I guess I have to come with both guns blazing :lol: .

DaveB :rolleyes:

Great news about allowing FE boats in certain classes!! Allowing the UL-1 is a great idea too! I may have to pick one up if only for this race!!

Thanks, Roger. It makes a difference which engine I put in the boat. Most run the G1 engine in both classes, but I have a GX1 engine also.

Lohring

Thanks, Roger. It makes a difference which engine I put in the boat. Most run the G1 engine in both classes, but I have a GX1 engine also.
Lohring
CORRECTION. I checked with Alfred and he sent me an email last night via Jenny stating that we are only allowing for G1 Cats and G1 sports.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

CORRECTION. I checked with Alfred and he sent me an email last night via Jenny stating that we are only allowing for G1 Cats and G1 sports.
Dooh, thats too bad. If FE's are allowed in both of those classes I would think its only suitable that its an open 26cc class. A well set up FE should have the advantage. I guess I'll just have to bring the slow set-up for sport hydro :D

Tyler

Dooh, thats too bad. If FE's are allowed in both of those classes I would think its only suitable that its an open 26cc class. A well set up FE should have the advantage. I guess I'll just have to bring the slow set-up for sport hydro :D

Tyler
We allowed the FEs but they have a battery limit.

Hey Roger we having a trophy girl this year. If so just change the color of the outfits. :D

Latest posts

Back