2009 Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Roger and Alfred for another great start off for the year. Met some new people and spirits seem to be upbeat considering we had the rain today. Looking forward for next year. Tell Jennie hope see feels better.

I would have to agree!! We had a ball. g1 sport had 18 boats show up. The only class that needed the "connie", and what a race... 9 boat consolation race with the top two joining the "main" what a blast. I had to enter the main through that mad dash for two. through attrition and a bit of luck, I finished the connie in second. So I made the main, but washed out. I had so much fun with the love plan. I wish we ran it in our district races. Thanks for puttin on such a great event... AGAIN!

Bob

I guess it's none of my business but why wouldn't you let any X hydro run, twin or not?
Technically they don't fit into our roster as we started out with classic hydroplane hulls that look realistic. I guess we wanted to add some crowd pleasing action. People are always impressed with the site of a twin and they sound cool. With 5 or six on the water at time most would agree there is nothing that sounds cooler. The only other place around here you see a whole heat full of twins is the nats. Not trying to leave anyone out... It was just something we decided to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel bad, tried to let them allow my G-1 rigger to round out the twin heats to an even 6 boats .... :huh: Alfred only laughed :p

Great time was had by all .... Thanks boyz !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Rizzo

broke the NAMBA gas heat racing record for g1 sport hydro by 5 seconds at the Gary Johnson Grand Prix in Fremont Ca :kodak: just over 75 sec for one mile 6 laps

Way to go Todd :beers: :beers:

Dave Bestpitch :)

NAMBA 9 DD

Thank you go everyone that came. We actually managed to get a fair amount of raffle prizes so thanks to all of that supported that way as well. Special thanks to everyone that helped Judge, run the retrieve boat, CD set-up and clean-up. I hope everyone had fun despite the rain. It seems each year we add more boats to the final. 9 boats at once... and there wasn't anymore than the usual mishaps. Thanks to everyone for having the spirit of racing and aggreeing to allow us to do that. You are the epitome of true competitors.

I will post more later about the race after I recooperate. The race event was only one of the projects I had going that was to conclude by Sunday.

Thanks again to all.

Back