1988 miller spponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I am looking for a good picture of the 1988 miller U31 front sponsons. I have found many pictures but none show the sponsons clearly enough. I am asking this because I want to know does the 1988 have the stepped sponsons or normal swept line from tip to sponson transom? I ask this because some pictures show the step and some don't.

Working from the tips back..... the dead rise pads have a break just shy of 1/3 of the way back. It sweeps diagonally from inside to outside. The ride pad then runs in the center with recovery pads on each side of the dead rise and ride pads all the way back on both sides. The angle of the inside next to the airtrap is steeper angle. The outside pad is not as steep from the ride pad to the sponson non-trip. There is also a lift strake that runs the length at the bottom of the non-trip. Shoot me your email and I will send you a couple of pics of that boat as the Miller and the Circus that will give you an idea. Jim Lucero's sponson design was almost identical on all of the Miller/Circus hulls before they radiused and changed to Jones style sponsons.

Back