1976 Olympia Beer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I not sure if I like Gulden's Spicey or Public's Spicey the best. Maybe Grey Poupon has a slightly better color. You may have to try several different hardners to get it to dry. How about calling the beer company and asking them, or better still get a can of Olympia Beer and take it to you local Body Shop Supply Store and ask them to match it up. Or lastly give Bill Schumaker a call and ask him. The cheapest would be Public's Spicey with West Marine hardner in it. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Perry (Dad)

Hey! I not sure if I like Gulden's Spicey or Public's Spicey the best. Maybe Grey Poupon has a slightly better color. You may have to try several different hardners to get it to dry. How about calling the beer company and asking them, or better still get a can of Olympia Beer and take it to you local Body Shop Supply Store and ask them to match it up. Or lastly give Bill Schumaker a call and ask him. The cheapest would be Public's Spicey with West Marine hardner in it. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Perry (Dad)

AHHHH Fatherly Love :blink:

Mark if ya listen to your dad your just gonna end up drunk with mustard all over the place.

I have a friend who runs that boat but being the holidays he may be outta town. I will see what I can do.

Ron

I wonder what wet sands better, the Guldens or the poupon?? Definately gotta go spicy!! ;) But dont go to dancin' and celebrating, if I start feelin' heat from you guys with the new boat, to keep ya'll honest, I'll just pull out the OL' CANDYMAN!!! :D Merry Christmas fellas. Everybody sing along.......

Hey Mark, Get a can of OLY and take it to your local PPG store and see if they can match it. I can't believe Perry is giving you HEAT !!! I know what he has sanded - - Har, Har !!! I don't believe you're scaring anyone by bringing out the Candyman after you get the U-74 together. Unless you really want to be upside down in the turn of your choice, because you tried to make up time in a turn. Ask Ron what the common result was of me pushing his old Pak with the Executone - - Har, Har !!! That's why I stopped racing the Team 5, in CA, got tired of rolling it in a turn. 8255s FOREVER !!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Mark, Get a can of OLY and take it to your local PPG store and see if they can match it. I can't believe Perry is giving you HEAT !!! I know what he has sanded - - Har, Har !!! I don't believe you're scaring anyone by bringing out the Candyman after you get the U-74 together. Unless you really want to be upside down in the turn of your choice, because you tried to make up time in a turn. Ask Ron what the common result was of me pushing his old Pak with the Executone - - Har, Har !!! That's why I stopped racing the Team 5, in CA, got tired of rolling it in a turn. 8255s FOREVER !!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Bob, how goes it buddy! Yeah I remember the days of the ole Pay N Pak - Executone wars like it was yesterday. Check out the avatar of mine...... Thats my 8255 and man it's the shiznit. Getting ready to redo it as the 84 Wingless Oh Berto which I was lucky enough to find a pic of it racing. That one like the Blue Speedy are very hard to find pics of.

Mark once again it appears you took your dads advice :blink: ! I was just looking at the ticker online and the Olympia Beer and Grey Poupon stocks just shot through the roof. You aren't over there drinkin and slingin mustard all over the place are ya? Once that West systems hardens there wont be any turnin back :lol:

Have a great Holiday season!

Ron

Last edited:
Looking for the paint code for the mustard yellow. MARK
Mark

Take one part French's, two parts Grey po-po, Five parts Coleman's hot powder, mix to a smooth consistency then spread a thin film over the hull. Use a Ball Park frank to clean up any sags or drippings.

Back to the ? at hand. dupont chroma base #790br cream yellow. Witch version are you doing, the winged or the Dayton one??

Ralph

Ralph, Thank you for the info!! you saved me a boatload of hot dogs,not to mention all that mustard. :)

I'm doing the Dayton. MARK

Back