1974 U-81 Red Man

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper_chuck

I'm doing some research for what will be my first scale boat and have a few questions:

1. Can someone tell me the color codes?
  2. Any sources for pics? I found several on David Netwon's site, which I'll probably order. Are there any pics around that would help with the graphics on the sides and stern?
  3. From what I can tell, this boat didn't run with a cowl. Can anyone save me the hassle building a scale engine by showing me a pic of it running in a race with a cowl?

I'm doing some research for what will be my first scale boat and have a few questions:
  2. Any sources for pics? I found several on David Netwon's site, which I'll probably order. Are there any pics around that would help with the graphics on the sides and stern?
  3. From what I can tell, this boat didn't run with a cowl. Can anyone save me the hassle building a scale engine by showing me a pic of it running in a race with a cowl?
Its hard to find paint codes for old boats,save yourself some time and buy a pack of redman chew. Take it to your painter to match it... Any good grafics place can do the INJUN decal i have several but are too large for your boat. If need be i can contact Dale Douglass for pics of his model. If you want a edge in councourse build the dummy motor,I can show you how to keep it from falling off.......... Mike

Its hard to find paint codes for old boats,save yourself some time and buy a pack of redman chew. Take it to your painter to match it... Any good grafics place can do the INJUN decal i have several but are too large for your boat. If need be i can contact Dale Douglass for pics of his model. If you want a edge in councourse build the dummy motor,I can show you how to keep it from falling off.......... Mike
I have to buy a can of chew? YECH!!! Just kidding. Actually, 2-3 days after I decided to build this boat, I got a card in the mail for free tins of the stuff, so I guess I should mail it in.

I'm going to focus on making this one run well and save the concourse for later. After all, I'll be competing against Mr Meticulous, who won't run an ugly boat. It'll be a long time, if ever, before I could think of actually challenging him. Even so, I'd definitely be interested in learning how to keep the engine from falling off the boat.

Back