1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACTION JACKSON

Supporting Member
need some help on what motor & battery to use in a scale boat, i might want to use electric if numbers add up like how long will a motor last compared to nitro, thanks for your help.

have a great day

need some help on what motor & battery to use in a scale boat, i might want to use electric if numbers add up like how long will a motor last compared to nitro, thanks for your help.have a great day

JACKSON ive been involved with NAMBA FE 8th scale oval competition since its inception. Heres the jist of what were currently running.

HULLS: Any competitve Scale Nitro hull will work for FE.

MOTORS Used: In NAMBA / IMPBA oval competition we have a gentlemans to use : Lehner 2280 Series, Neu 1521 & 1527 Series, Plettenberg 370BM series on 8-10S lipo or nimh equivalent.We have a gentlemens agreement not to use anything larger example Lehner 3060/80 NEU 2215/30 etc.

BATTERIES: Any name brand 20c or better 8-10S (29.6-37volts) Lipo 4900 mah or better. Most of use run 1P setups

HARDWARE: Same hardware as nitro some guys set motors further back and use forward mounted batteries to set CG

PROPS: 47-52mm 2-3 blades detounged pitch varies (We spin our motors at 30K plus no-load RPM)

RTR (fighting) Weight: 12-18 lbs

Questions email me: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson,

Only thing I can tell you is to listen to what Ken has to say!! I have seen his 1/8 scale boats run, as well as a member of his michigan FE boat club. His boats run great and is always willing to help a guy out.

Mike

Hey, thanks Mike!

Hope to see you out Sunday!

Ken

Jackson,
Only thing I can tell you is to listen to what Ken has to say!! I have seen his 1/8 scale boats run, as well as a member of his michigan FE boat club. His boats run great and is always willing to help a guy out.

Mike

Maus Hull 1974 Miss U.S.

Plett 370

10S 1P 5000mah Flight Power

Speed controller Schultze 40.160 or Castle HV 180(rec only 1 P for Castle)

Weight 14lbs

Prop 52mm

Speed 55-60mph

Undeated in '08 through 7 events against FE and nitro hulls.

There really is no motor wear in FE. The bearings might go bad (after 100's of hrs of run time). The cells should last for years. I have one set of cells that I had been using since last year. Other low amp setups on different hulls have lasted me for several years.

The hull should not be too heavy since the electronic gear does add up!

"Hey, thanks Mike!

Hope to see you out Sunday!

Ken"

Where do you guys run the FE's in Michigan?? I'd Like to come check them out. I've been reading and learning about FE set-ups. I think my next boat will have to be an elect.scale. Tell me more about Michigan FE runs/clubs

Thanks

Dan

Brandon NAMBA affiliated MMEU club races mainly at the Ford pond in Shelby at 23 & VanDyke. We run 3 smaller club classes & test and tune the big stuff between rounds.
08 MMEU Event schedule

http://mmeu.com/events.htm

MMEU Points Series

http://mmeu.com/Club%20Race%20Results.htm

Email me ([email protected]) im just N of Romeo, will hook up I can give you a tour through my shop.

Ken

My back yard for sure!! I'm at 26 & van Dyke. How long will you guys be running Saturday? I work till 3...might stop by the pond

I'll e-mail for sure.

Thanks Ken!

Dan

Were running Sunday from 10 - 3 in Memphis this weekend at the old Buoy Blasters pond.

Email me for directions

[email protected]

Brandon NAMBA affiliated MMEU club races mainly at the Ford pond in Shelby at 23 & VanDyke. We run 3 smaller club classes & test and tune the big stuff between rounds.
08 MMEU Event schedule

http://mmeu.com/events.htm

MMEU Points Series

http://mmeu.com/Club%20Race%20Results.htm

Email me ([email protected]) im just N of Romeo, will hook up I can give you a tour through my shop.

Ken

My back yard for sure!! I'm at 26 & van Dyke. How long will you guys be running Saturday? I work till 3...might stop by the pond

I'll e-mail for sure.

Thanks Ken!

Dan

Back