• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found WTB Woods pitch gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidkrienke

Supporting Member
I have just had enough trying to use this Hughey pitch gauge .it will be too hard out on the boat to make changes and see what I did. So I am looking for a woods gauge.

Also a couple pictures of bending pliers and cutting shears to cut shape propellers that people like the design of. We are very interested in making changes to props and see what each change does.

Cutting shears ? For like actually cutting on a prop ? Never heard of using those… I would think the balancing would be an issue..

Cupping pliers yes,
but actually cutting a prop out at the lake for testing with shears ??? No.

Cutting shears ? For like actually cutting on a prop ? Never heard of using those… I would think the balancing would be an issue..

Cupping pliers yes,
but actually cutting a prop out at the lake for testing with shears ??? No.
Yeah Mark said he likes using a small pair of tin snips to get the basic shape of the blades when a lot of removal is needed. He said to ring him I just didn't want to on a Sunday afternoon. I will have to see what he is using.

I might be overthinking this. I guess unless I am wanting to know the actual pitch number when bending on the fly maybe just my dial calipers would tell me they are even enough to throw it back in the water. We are wanting to do bending and cutting on the water while running and checking with gps to see what changes it makes.

Last edited:
I have just had enough trying to use this Hughey pitch gauge .it will be too hard out on the boat to make changes and see what I did. So I am looking for a woods gauge.

Also a couple pictures of bending pliers and cutting shears to cut shape propellers that people like the design of. We are very interested in making changes to props and see what each change does.
David,

Nothing better than having numbers so you know the progression of the blade face. Why do you think I put
it on my cards when someone wants to buy a propeller
from me? What good does it do if you do not know what
you are running or what is in your propeller box?
I make them as well. You need a secure way to transport
them to the lake/pond. It keeps them organized as well.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark

Alan,

Stock propellers are fine for some people, but others are
looking for a little more. Without documentation your
customer does not even know what he or she is running.
I think my customers deserve to know what they are running
and paying for. It does not matter to me what others do, I just
do what I do. This is just My thoughts on the propeller business.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark

David,

Nothing better than having numbers so you know the progression of the blade face. Why do you think I put
it on my cards when someone wants to buy a propeller
from me? What good does it do if you do not know what
you are running or what is in your propeller box?
I make them as well. You need a secure way to transport
them to the lake/pond. It keeps them organized as well.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark
Yessir, numbers are good....know why?....because they always add up!...😂

Yep, 'secure transport'....maybe an 1/8 scale rc Brinks truck is in order....more 😂

But, yeah, that Apache box I got from you is a real nice prop box....wish they were available in a larger size?....

Take care, and please don't forget those 3 props I need. 😉

Thanks-
Tim

Tim,

I have larger Apache propeller boxes.
I will have some in Burton this weekend.

Thanks,

Mark
Ok, please send photo when you have opportunity....seems to me I do remember you mentioning larger were available, but your source (😉) was out of stock then.

Not making it to Burton. Hopefully next year.

ty

Dave, I have a Speedmaster I am never going to use.. 100 bucks.. you pay shipping..

I very much doubt its been used more then a hand full of times.

Let me get home and get a few pics for you.

Grim

Dave, I have a Speedmaster I am never going to use.. 100 bucks.. you pay shipping..

I very much doubt its been used more then a hand full of times.

Let me get home and get a few pics for you.

Grim
Thats a good deal. Wish I knew what happen to my prop gauge. Went to Dallas for the shootout and have not seen it since. I need to build another. It is on the list of to do items.
Mike

Thats a good deal. Wish I knew what happen to my prop gauge. Went to Dallas for the shootout and have not seen it since. I need to build another. It is on the list of to do items.
Mike
Grim saved the day for me for sure. I really didn't have the money right now to spend to much on one so this was great. I really appreciate him helping me out. I think someone showed a pic of a speed master on a post and they look similar to the woods so that's great. I am hoping I can get fluent with it to be able to quickly see where I am at on a blade.
I sure find myself using your anvil block when repairing bent blades. I just leave the bearing in their parking spots around it and use which one fits the bend I am trying to correct. I really like the little hammer too just right for the small tappy tappy needed to bend the blades back into shape.

Latest posts

Back