• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Picco p5 .21 piston sleave

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailor Trash

Looking to buy a piston and sleave for a Picco p5 .21 if anybody can help me out or point me to a supplier where I can get one. Thanks

My engine, I think is the older one all silver with Picco on the case and a P5 and a 21 under that. The piston is bad where the wrist pin goes through is broke apart. I got this motor from a yard sale and the owner had no clue to age, and neither do I.

If your sleeve is still in good shape, you could try Brad Christy on here, he makes pistons for our little engines.

I haven't used one of his, but reading on here, he makes a quality piece.

Just a thought??

Ok I will give him a try. Thanks
Been waiting over 6 months for my piston and rod. :blink: :blink: Now, no response to E-mails. Go figure <_< <_<

Same here now. And he has some pistons and sleeves of mine, with the payment money, and no responses to my e mails now.
Isn't this just grand!!!! What is our close nit group of friends coming to?

Reading about Terry Munns problems with Zach (E.K. Kustomz)

And now this

Come on guys, get off your duff's and get done what you have been paid for

Rick

Looking to buy a piston and sleave for a Picco p5 .21 if anybody can help me out or point me to a supplier where I can get one. Thanks
TT I just might have what yiou are looking for. let me Dig around today & See if the box has any p21 piston/liners in it. jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

OK, here's the deal.......

I have been working my can to the rim on a number of efforts, one of which is pistons. As many of you know, particularly those who I owe pistons to, I made a change of occupational address, and the climate for making boat parts got kinda stormy, so I had to lay low there. I am no longer there and I'm basically on my own for as long as I can make it last. The machine I now use is quite a bit different from the one I used to make pistons on, and, quite frankly, it is not the machine I would have bought, but I wasn't the one buying it, so....... After several failed attempts at duplicating my original process on the "new" machine, and after several failed attempts at using software to generate the toolpaths (while trying to learn the software on my own, no less), I finally stumbled across a hopeful solution. Using software (that I'm familiar with) that wasn't designed to generate toolpaths, I think I've found a way around the machine's short-comings to virtually duplicate the EXACT method I originally developed for making pistons. I will know tomorrow if what I have come up with will work. If it does, the programming will be more labor intensive, but once the programming is done, the process will get much easier than it was before.

Long story short, I think I should be able to start delivering pistons in the next couple days. I've got about 40-50 pistons started on my bench, with the first lathe operation completed, awaiting the first two mill operations (which has been the speed bump in this whole thing).

I have started with MAC45's. Mostly just because the MAC45 piston prints were on top of the stack of prints. I will prove out the process on these and then move on to others. I have MAC/CMB21's to do, NR21LS's, P5's, P45 Blackheads and Blueheads, among others. I can't say in what order they will be tackled. I'll have to look back and see how many of what I owe who, who paid first, that sort of thing. One thing's for sure, I never intended to rip anyone off and I still don't. If I owe you stuff, and I've neglected to respond to E-Mail's and PM's, I appologize. I've just been keeping my head down and my shoulder to the wheel, trying to find a way to get this stuff done. I've also been putting in alot of hours , making non-boat parts on a commercial level, trying to keep the ship afloat. I'm going to make an attempt to go back through my E-Mails and PM's and respond to those who've contacted me. If I miss you, give me another poke in a couple days and I'll respond.

I really don't want to take on any new orders until I get out from under these orders already mentioned, but I will be making extras of anything I need to make, so if you need anything and you're not already on "the list", contact me and I'll let you know what I've got, and what I'll have in the near future.

News at eleven........

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Guys,
OK, here's the deal.......

I have been working my can to the rim on a number of efforts, one of which is pistons. As many of you know, particularly those who I owe pistons to, I made a change of occupational address, and the climate for making boat parts got kinda stormy, so I had to lay low there. I am no longer there and I'm basically on my own for as long as I can make it last. The machine I now use is quite a bit different from the one I used to make pistons on, and, quite frankly, it is not the machine I would have bought, but I wasn't the one buying it, so....... After several failed attempts at duplicating my original process on the "new" machine, and after several failed attempts at using software to generate the toolpaths (while trying to learn the software on my own, no less), I finally stumbled across a hopeful solution. Using software (that I'm familiar with) that wasn't designed to generate toolpaths, I think I've found a way around the machine's short-comings to virtually duplicate the EXACT method I originally developed for making pistons. I will know tomorrow if what I have come up with will work. If it does, the programming will be more labor intensive, but once the programming is done, the process will get much easier than it was before.

Long story short, I think I should be able to start delivering pistons in the next couple days. I've got about 40-50 pistons started on my bench, with the first lathe operation completed, awaiting the first two mill operations (which has been the speed bump in this whole thing).

I have started with MAC45's. Mostly just because the MAC45 piston prints were on top of the stack of prints. I will prove out the process on these and then move on to others. I have MAC/CMB21's to do, NR21LS's, P5's, P45 Blackheads and Blueheads, among others. I can't say in what order they will be tackled. I'll have to look back and see how many of what I owe who, who paid first, that sort of thing. One thing's for sure, I never intended to rip anyone off and I still don't. If I owe you stuff, and I've neglected to respond to E-Mail's and PM's, I appologize. I've just been keeping my head down and my shoulder to the wheel, trying to find a way to get this stuff done. I've also been putting in alot of hours , making non-boat parts on a commercial level, trying to keep the ship afloat. I'm going to make an attempt to go back through my E-Mails and PM's and respond to those who've contacted me. If I miss you, give me another poke in a couple days and I'll respond.

I really don't want to take on any new orders until I get out from under these orders already mentioned, but I will be making extras of anything I need to make, so if you need anything and you're not already on "the list", contact me and I'll let you know what I've got, and what I'll have in the near future.

News at eleven........

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Hello Brad, hope you get the final bugs worked out. I am sure your boat products will be in demand. I recieved my Black Jack parts Saturday. Good luck to you. Richard D

What maching are you working on ? I am going to IMTS next month for my company. While I am there I will be looking hard at small machines for myself the more I think about it the more it seems feasible to me to buy a mill. Every part I bring home my wife see's it and she says that would sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back