• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB -- If by chance you have one laying around

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubledog

Would like to add one to my Shelf Queen collection.

Hull only & pristine condition. Negotiable price is a plus:D

Rock on,

Jamie

boat-294.jpg

jamie, check on s&f, there was an old thread in the rc forum about byrd boats. might find some help there. if 2 turn up, i'll take one :D .

I remember the old thread.

Someone was looking for one and I had one new in the box I gave up.I'm kicking myself now.

I'd like to try one with an Orlic Novarossi in it for a SAW boat.

It resembles an old 17' Hydrostream we used to play with. 23" transom, 15" shaft, turned a 14x30 Mazco cleaver singing 8500rpm.

The boat packed so much air under it with the side wings, at a certain speed, the water rumble went away under the boat, the ride was smooth and on a cushion of air, with no water touching the boat, you could see daylight totally underneath.

Bad fast boat down the straights, but don't even think about trying to turn it. :huh:

Actually, it was a pretty sick ride. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i remember they ran pretty good. that and a lot of hydrosteam viper (?) owners got them to match their boats. yeah, walt, the old hydrostreams packed a lot of air, but ****, they screamed !!!!!

No doubt. I'd love to see one in metal flake with a 3.5 & Merc cowl. Talk about a bitchin' little boat to display.

from what i remember they ran pretty good. that and a lot of hydrosteam viper (?) owners got them to match their boats. yeah, walt, the old hydrostreams packed a lot of air, but ****, they screamed !!!!!
Robin,

It was a little Vector ultra lite. Duel ride guide with the motor up that high and the 14X30 Cleaver ,you needed some serious muscles just to hang on to the steering wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember eating up the Hydrostream factory race boat with our Vector one day.They were running the little 15 footer (Viper)with the 1500XS on the back too.( no V6s available yet.)

Fun times :)

<a href="http://www.hydrostream.org/Specific" target="_blank">http://www.hydrostream.org/Specific Models/Models.htm</a>

A friend of mine has the V-king with a modded 225 Merc on it. More than once that boat has scared the He!! out of me. He took it to a fun run a few years ago and he said all the people with the Allisons, jags, and STVs were flocking to see his old beat up boat and drool over it. Ryon

The boat definately resembles Hydrostream Vector or a V-king. I would like to see the straight 6 Merc that could turn a 14X30 at 8500. With a 2 to 1 case you would be over a hundred and that would be impossible on a Vector. I ran with the Pipkorn boys when I lived in Minnesota. The only Viper I remember out of the plant with a 1500xs was Barney Gleafke's and more than a handful. Not the most competative boat. The J/prodoction record was around 76 mph at that time. I had a 15' Allison copy that we rigged a T2X Merc on and went shy of 90. Straight 6 with 6 carbs and a speedmaster. The Vectors could take a V-6 but the V-King was the best hull in that era. Good friend of mine Ron Baker built the prototype for that hull. He was really the only official team Hydrostream driver other than Jay Shefler who worked in sales. Chris Bush started out in Hydrostreams also. The rest of us bought our hulls from Hydrostream.

Who made the model boat? Would be neat to convert to a Mod-Vp like the one Baker ran in the Shootout in St. Louis in 1981.

Mic

The boat definately resembles Hydrostream Vector or a V-king. I would like to see the straight 6 Merc that could turn a 14X30 at 8500. With a 2 to 1 case you would be over a hundred and that would be impossible on a Vector. I ran with the Pipkorn boys when I lived in Minnesota. The only Viper I remember out of the plant with a 1500xs was Barney Gleafke's and more than a handful. Not the most competative boat. The J/prodoction record was around 76 mph at that time. I had a 15' Allison copy that we rigged a T2X Merc on and went shy of 90. Straight 6 with 6 carbs and a speedmaster. The Vectors could take a V-6 but the V-King was the best hull in that era. Good friend of mine Ron Baker built the prototype for that hull. He was really the only official team Hydrostream driver other than Jay Shefler who worked in sales. Chris Bush started out in Hydrostreams also. The rest of us bought our hulls from Hydrostream. Who made the model boat? Would be neat to convert to a Mod-Vp like the one Baker ran in the Shootout in St. Louis in 1981.

Mic
Had to do some thinkin....The Vector was radared at the south Jersey speed runs around 1978-79 at 81 MPH @ 8500 with a 14x26 Merc cleaver at the time. The bottom was totally reworked.Many confugurations we tried. Once the hook came out, the boat laid down like a dog. Lots of work to get it off the water and that fast. It WAS a few mph faster than the factory Viper.I don't remember who they were.We met them at the Jersey shore. Mazco later cut down a 14x30 to get the RPM down and to reduce the spipage. Don't remember the #s. (it was more than 30 years ago) I don't think the boat was ever run with the Mazco. The Scarab came and the Hydrostream went out to pasture. My buddy still has it out in the barn.

I ran a gutted, straightned and stringered Sidewinder back than with a 1500XS. He had me by 6 mph all day long.Pissed me off! Actually kind of slow to todays standards considering our 46' Skaters are over 200 MPH :)

And I would never want to be in a Vector @100mph.No way! The boat was a handfull already.

The RC model was made by Byrds boats.

Somewhere I have the link to the site. I have to find it.

Back