Would you like a new button

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Wyss

I may have a link to someone that can easily make what you need. I would imagine it would

have to be for some of the more popular engines that need some help.

Tell me what you would like to see made and include the stuff in the "Title",, bubble/squish ratio

too if you would like.

JW

turbo heads for 3.5 k&b. some out there now, but choices are good, imho. another good excuse to burn more nitro B) .

proper rige didge ,

low nitro buttons for the cmb 100 and also the 90 and hr91

i used to have a full set of buttons for my 90 ops and it made a big difference swapping to a shallower buttons on lower nitro .

i wouldnt mind a shallower mirror finish button for my 100 cmb rs Hint Hint

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to "The Man" this morning and we're going for the O.S.21XM and the Thunder Tiger 21 O/B,,

the XM will require the most work since they have an unusual head design and they will have to have

a seperate aircooled head made for them.

The TT is one I know allot about and have a spec headbutton all drawn up, It's Gunna Be Good.

As far as the XM goes I'll need some experienced XM user's to test the new head, those that want

to do so can PM me here.

Other engines will be considered based on their numbers and need for a better configuration.

This is all outa my pocket right now and once the adjustments are made I will direct everybody

to where you can buy them.

JW

Jerry,

Is this friend going to turn NEW heads or chuck old heads and rework them? Is your frind planning on making one-off's or is he striving for a level of repeatability if a good design turns up?

I may need to add my name to your list as a possible consumer for a few K&B 3.5 buttons. I've been looking for buttons with different insertion depths into the sleeve & different bubble/squish band ratios.

Chuck "chunk" T

Jerry,
Is this friend going to turn NEW heads or chuck old heads and rework them? Is your frind planning on making one-off's or is he striving for a level of repeatability if a good design turns up?

I may need to add my name to your list as a possible consumer for a few K&B 3.5 buttons. I've been looking for buttons with different insertion depths into the sleeve & different bubble/squish band ratios.

Chuck "chunk" T
Hey chunk,

These are new buttons made from round stock, he has allot of buttons filed in his CNC equipment. It's not hard for him to

make a few changes an hit the switch. I started out with some engines that share the same bolt number and pattern that

could use a change. We're just starting, tests will show if we're goin' the right direction on the first group,, then we'll

get to other engines, so measure up what you need and we'll get to that SAP.

Rossi AXE.21 (4 bolts), K&B 3.5 probably have several config's, the OPS Speed 3.5 could use sumthin' better but I would

have to know more about it and even the Rossi 7.5 , don't know any specifics about those either.

JW

Im interested to see what you guys come up with for the XM. I have made quite a few buttons for it (air cooled and water cooled), but havent found anything better than the stock design. I have a bunch of buttons for the Rossi/AXRE 4 bolt heeads, Rossi 7.5 and the K&B 3.5, that all work great.

~James

Jerry... cool beans, man... How 'bout... Nova Ls turbo, .19cc, 3 degree taper, no flat? Possible? I may do an XM as a winter build. I 'm leaning toward a TT that you do too, though... couple months away..... we'll see. Mike

Jerry... cool beans, man... How 'bout... Nova Ls turbo, .19cc, 3 degree taper, no flat? Possible? I may do an XM as a winter build. I 'm leaning toward a TT that you do too, though... couple months away..... we'll see. Mike
To be honest, the Nova is an engine I'm not going to even consider, for what they charge for those

they should be perfect!

The TT O/B is just SCREAMING for a decent button, can't believe TT hasn't done one themselves by now,,

And I Will Not , Cannot and Never Will Believe that The XM Will Not Respond in Like Manner as Any Other

Engine.

Jorgen is working with TT and they are now (supposedly) producing a new version of the engine, including new buttons, sleeves and other changes. I just wish OS would listen to guys that have experience with them, they could be a much better engine with a little changing. I have found mods on the OS that make a big difference, but the head is something I havent had much luck/improvement with. Like I said, I will be interested to see what you guys come up with for it.

~James

Hi,Jerry! please let me know about the bottons for the TT motors.I'd just picked up a new TT pro.21 MX-R.I want to make my TT run faster.

I know one thing about the XM that bothers me is that when you use the "no water" method it is

one tough nut to get hot enough. I don't know if it's the volume, anodizing or the massive structure

of the head itself.

I have watched Eric Bourlet (and others) race this motor in total stock NAMBA form, with water,

and just streak around the course. But, this level of operation is a fleeting thing to find for the

vast majority of "boaters" and they are the one's that I'm interested in helping here, it's not for

me (other than getting tired of rebuilding burnt-up XM's :( )

I have an existing button in mind and you would have to use a MC59 plug to get a .18cc volume,

a K&B1L would give you a fat .17 with an angled squish,, the bubble diameter is noticably less

than the XM. I wouldn't expect this configuration to be difficult to get the heat up,, as to wether

it will be better, remains to be seen.

JW

Hi,Jerry! please let me know about the bottons for the TT motors.I'd just picked up a new TT pro.21 MX-R.I want to make my TT run faster.
Hey! I'd like to see one of those things, send it on over :) I'm serious! I'll build that thing just for a look at it B)

JW

jerry I also have the Bx-r that I but a water cool head on it to run in my hydro,plus I have the old MX.21 pro,the lower power motor with side exaust. How good is the MX-R's?? It's the non pull starter one. :rolleyes: I'm waiting for the starter belt for it.I have that TT pro MX-R in my Miss Bud flex drive!! I want to see see how she runs Plus I'd made a adjustable strut set up the cajin one ,I'd used the vegas strut and rudder parts. Please Let me know what you charge to do that TT motor??

jerry I also have the Bx-r that I but a water cool head on it to run in my hydro,plus I have the old MX.21 pro,the lower power motor with side exaust. How good is the MX-R's?? It's the non pull starter one. :rolleyes: I'm waiting for the starter belt for it.I have that TT pro MX-R in my Miss Bud flex drive!! I want to see see how she runs Plus I'd made a adjustable strut set up the cajin one ,I'd used the vegas strut and rudder parts. Please Let me know what you charge to do that TT motor??
I like the BX-R, I use it as an O/B powerhead, it has a bunch of mods and another engines button,, it's all I need in a heat racer.

I'm also working up a couple TT21 B-R's for I/B use,, the two engines listed are Long Stroke engines.

Are all these 21's going in boats made for a .18?

If I need to put another button in your MX-R I would charge for the button, in the 30/$35 area,, but for the rest it will be

just like I said "I will mod it for a look at the engine". I will need to know nitro%, plug and pipe that you'll be using to help

with the extent of the mods,, and again, is this engine really going in a boat made for an .18?? I need to know that too.

JW

The Miss Vegas I would like to run her in the sport 20 class. Russ William won that class this year with his Miss Vegas that Jerry Dunlap did up with the O.S .21 turbo motor! The Miss Bud will be my play toy boat that I can show off to my friends,but I want to make her fast too. I do want to build a whiplash or get a sport20 hydro hull too. I have two MAC.21 tune pipes and a Irwin.21 tune pipe too. I'm running 33% nitro.I'd just competed making a adjustable strut on my Miss Bud flex drive. I was told by other guys that the TT are junk??But I see and read theres alot of guys are running them on there outboads!! I see them on ebay and they go like hot cakes!! I'd got mine on ebay for under 50 dollars!! But there was a catch?? The motor is new,but the guy got it for the pistion&cyclender.So it had a used one in it. I had a good set of pistion&cyclender setting around,so it in that motor now! It has great compression.But I will get acouple of new ones from Thundertiger-4u.com!! There cheap!! $45.00!! :rolleyes:

Well the boaters in my club don't think the TT's I mod are "junk", thats for sure! But, (and that is a Huge "BUT")

Even the "Best boat and engine combo" can Run like Junk if it's not set-up propperly. Jerry Dunlap an such know

what they are doing when they put a 21 in a boat that size but I'm sure have said, "what am I doing" while they

were building the thing :lol: .

Wasn't the "Miss Bud" originally designed for a pullstart .15? If so, a hot .21 is going to tear the "H" outa your

drivetrain on it's way to full mach ,, it will likely not get there,,, the increased velocity alone could turn your

shortlived fun into a "Flying Circus",, I'm not sure I want my name attached to that.

Your friends are wrong btw, for the price and the cost of their parts the TT's are a well made engine,, they

are very consistant from engine to engine in their tolerances,, more than I can say about some engines

3 time's they're price. They just need a little help,, Just Like The Engines 3 Times They're Price! :lol:

The newer Miss Bud flex drive hull is more thick/stiffer then the old strait shaft hull/first gen. And now there putting the .18 in the formula/miss buds.Theres a guy on the r/c boat websight That I belong to who put a O.S .21 turbo in this Miss Elum and man that puppy flies across the pond!!!Compared to that.21 Leo I'd put in my first Miss Bud strait shalf,made my boat look like a slug!! Like I said I'm not going to race My Miss Bud,more of a s*** and giggles hot rod boat!! The Miss Bud was my first boat that got me hooked into Nitro/gas r/cing. When I got into this in 06 there was a guy who had the same TT motor in his Miss Bud and couldnt get it to run right at all,and finally gave up on it.I'm not a quiter eather!! I got still more to learn on this R/C boating,like motor tune pipe combo and prop combo.But when it comes to body and paint and other mods like drive line rudder and turn fin,I can do them with no proublems.but alway told that the TT are junk!! But one guy told me not to mess with the lowspeed screw on them,there very touchy and very hard to get back into tune??

Don't touch the low speed needle? :lol: Girl, you are getting some bad information,, ya need to start hangin'

out with some friends that aren't FOS then maybe you can get somewhere with your hobby.

(I understand the dilema now, that was an interesting surprise, don't worry, we can getter going.)

JW

Jerry? What would you charge me on working on the two BX-R thundertiger pro.21's??? I would like to have in all three motors done by you! One would be in a boat the other in the hotrod hydro and the third would be the back up motor/spaire. I'll send the M-R pro.21 in Oct or first week of Nov to you. Which is the better motor form TT?? The MX-R,M-R or the BX-R??? <_<

Latest posts

Back