Wing adjustment.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, is this a wing you made for the boat? The wing I make for the sport40 has a airfoil shape, flat on the bottom, so it will lift some even at neutral angle. The rear wing will add some tail weight which may affect the balance point. With the rear of the horizontal wing down it will help overcome the weight of the wing, and the faster the boat runs the more the effect.

PHIL T

Ok Ok, ya gota be so tender now a days......................

Good luck in Atlanta Ron, bring home tall one (1st place)

just love the slamin'

B)

YEA RON Real unlimiteds dont have rear wings? Just cause you have a wingless scale, :lol:

My old winged Atlas will give you fits Im sure.

Lets see some sucess with that Oberto. Everyone will think it is a new boat with that new paint job.

OH Brian, Try tying your rear wing to your boat so it dont fall off, I have a hard time weaving around the lost parts much less other boats and the bouys. :rolleyes:

Just have to get in some jabs myself :lol:

PHIL

Phil, The wing is one of your's its not home made. I'll start out with it straight and go from there! Thanks for the advice everyone! Time to get it wet this weekend..

Josh-

Phil & Brian both of you will need wings and any other help you can get to chase me down this year :p :blink: :huh: :eek:

Have fun testing Josh!

Ron

Just a thought on wings. If you set the boat up with out the wing and get it running correctly. Then put the wing on and adjust it so the boat rides the same you will be much better off. Sooner or later you will find your self in a situation that you will have to run without them. Now if you used them as a bandaid to get the boat to ride correctly you will be in trouble, but if the boat is set up in the way that I described it's no big deal just remove the wing and go race.

Just a thought on wings. If you set the boat up with out the wing and get it running correctly. Then put the wing on and adjust it so the boat rides the same you will be much better off. Sooner or later you will find your self in a situation that you will have to run without them. Now if you used them as a bandaid to get the boat to ride correctly you will be in trouble, but if the boat is set up in the way that I described it's no big deal just remove the wing and go race.
Agreed. That is why I set the rear wing up to run neutral. There is no denying you can use the wing to act upon the hull but Mark is right, what if you lose the wings from a blowover or crash at a race & they cannot be repaired right there on site? The only other thing I will add is if you dial in without the wings on the boat, weigh them first & add that amount to the rear of the hull in line with where the wings will be when you race it. ;)

I ran the boat for the 1st time over the weekend. It handles really nice. It seems to scrub some speed on the corners and it doesn't seem to be comming up on the pipe like it should, so I need some more time to play with the needle and the turn fin! But all and all I was very happy for the madian voyage. It looks really sweet running with the rear wing attached!

Josh-

Back