Windshield color

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Finally painting my Sport 40 redo and can't decide on windscreen color, silver or black. Turbine tube will be silver. What do you think????

Last edited by a moderator:
ALMOST.. always light or dark grey.. Hardly ever black for me.. black is just to black. I then highlight with a shadow.

Grim

Have to agree with Grim on this one. Even a real light metalflake in the dark grey looks good too.

Andy

ALMOST.. always light or dark grey.. Hardly ever black for me.. black is just to black. I then highlight with a shadow.

Grim
As the other guy said "black is just black" Silver with shading looks good and for something different a light gold or pewter with shading would look good on there as well as be a little different from all the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
This paint job is enough of a pain in the azz, so shading is out. :eek: :eek: Ordered black, and have white so I can mix a light grey. Phil's sport 20 looks good with the silver windshield. B) B)

I would paint it black. Dark-tinted canopies will tend to hide the embaressed look on the little driver's face when he sometimes "messes up" while out on the race course...............

Dick

I would paint it black. Dark-tinted canopies will tend to hide the embaressed look on the little driver's face when he sometimes "messes up" while out on the race course...............
Dick
Or the pitman when he launches the boat!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Could'nt help myself. :D See you in Atlanta

Dick
Or the pitman when he launches the boat!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Could'nt help myself. :D See you in Atlanta
You just had to bring that up, huh? One thing for sure............it won't happen again this year, unless I can perfect a left hand, left arm only launch. Maybe Don will let me practice that with one of his riggers at the test lake before we get to Atlanta???

Dick

got to agree with a grey/smoke color. too many black & silver windshields out there. nice lookin' boat, so far ;) !

Back