Who makes the number 1 sport 40 multi oval racing boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

Fellow Model Boaters.

Who do you feel makes the TOP multi oval racing boat in Sport 40 class.

It has been a number of years since I have been out of model boating.

When I was racing. Mark Anderson had the boats everyone was trying to beat. In Namba his hulls were racing competitively against the riggers.

So, who is the number one guy now in Sport 40 ?

Also can you tell me the construction of this Sport 40 boat.

Top 3 would be another request. Top 3 and why do you think so ?

Richard

I have raced for about 15 years in district 9 and Phils boat is by far the best boat you can get your hands on! I have a modified Maus scorpion with Mac power, runs okay. The Phil boats are really fast and corner like a go-cart. great boat, with out a doubt. I wrecked mine this year and want to run wood, cause "wood is good" Brian Blazer has real nice stuff as well. I don't think Mark Anderson is building boats...I built a few, but the 21 is my project for life it seems.

My 2 cents, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to the Sport 40 class but I did watch them for over a year before I decided on a hull. I built Brian Blazer's Whiplash and I'm pleased with it. The other 2 boats I considered was the Mutt 2 and Steve Peterson's boat. Unfortunately none of these are readily available but in my openion these are the 3 best.

I have raced Sp40 for 15 years and have run the Mutt2 and The Phil Thomas boat. All 4 boats mentioned ( Blazer and Peterson) are competitive if setup well. Mutt, Phils and Petersons have all won the Internats in IMPBA in the past 4 years. Mutts win in NAMBA NAts usually. Setup is really the key. Any would make you happy.

Brian

If you want a Mutt 2 than you need to contact Gary Preuse. Order it from him and you will receive in a timly manor. They are built to order. No stock on hand.

Mike

Oh yeah I vote the Mutt 3 the best. But that boat had a untimly death into a concrete pilling.

I have raced Sp40 for 15 years and have run the Mutt2 and The Phil Thomas boat. All 4 boats mentioned ( Blazer and Peterson) are competitive if setup well. Mutt, Phils and Petersons have all won the Internats in IMPBA in the past 4 years. Mutts win in NAMBA NAts usually. Setup is really the key. Any would make you happy.Brian
Brian..

I see you are very involved with IMPBA.. thank you for your efforts and sacrifices.. I see you also own a mutt 2

Yes, Mark races and his boat races primarily in NAMBA.. how does his mutt 2 boat do against other boats in IMPBA ?

I own the 2nd hull to be pulled from Phil's mold back in 89 I think. It went out and got the dist 14 point series championship. Brian could pass me with his Muck on the outside most of the time but he had a more radical set up than me and ALOT more self control. I won the series cuz I only had around 6 dnf's the whole year with my conservative setup. My point is that you can take either of these boats and win a race with either a conservative or a radical set up. I chose the former cuz I aint got no patientce or self control. I wanted to finish races this year and I feel I acomplished that. Next year comes self control with a little more speed. When I grow up I want to be just like Brian ;)

I own the 2nd hull to be pulled from Phil's mold back in 89 I think. It went out and got the dist 14 point series championship. Brian could pass me with his Muck on the outside most of the time but he had a more radical set up than me and ALOT more self control. I won the series cuz I only had around 6 dnf's the whole year with my conservative setup. My point is that you can take either of these boats and win a race with either a conservative or a radical set up. I chose the former cuz I aint got no patientce or self control. I wanted to finish races this year and I feel I acomplished that. Next year comes self control with a little more speed. When I grow up I want to be just like Brian ;)
Well, you better watch out,, sometimes you get what you wish for!!!

I have to say that the competition this year was excellent, and Wes and James really added a lot and made serious strides throughout the season. They are forces to contend with now. But if I can get my Mutt repaired, I will still be there, in front, at any race I can attend!!! As the saying goes, gotta first finish, to finish first!! Wes took that to heart and became Mr. Consistency. What I see is the new CMB motors are so reliable, that driving is now really important!! I gotta learn some new tricks for next year...you all are getting too good!

Brian

Latest posts

Back