where to find scale hydro drivers at?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misshydro, what happened? I thought you were going to build a scale Oberto yourself? Did you decide it's too much for you to handle? I'm starting three more boats myself, two gas scales(91 Madison and 07-09 Oberto) and a scale 07-09 Oberto. Guess that takes me up to around 18 in the works :p

Misshydro, what happened? I thought you were going to build a scale Oberto yourself? Did you decide it's too much for you to handle? I'm starting three more boats myself, two gas scales(91 Madison and 07-09 Oberto) and a scale 07-09 Oberto. Guess that takes me up to around 18 in the works :p
All the time you put into 18,you wouldve had three or four of them done and running in the three years that I'd started the R/C thing and joinning these boat sites..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what the deal is with Hydro Junkie, But he would probably build one for you. He has a lot of pointers and little parts that are cool to help with the build. Your boyfriend would make it look awesome I am sure as I have seen your boats. Ken

All the time you put into 18,you wouldve had three or four of them done and running in the three years that I'd started the R/C thing and joinning these boat sites..
Just admit it, you 're afraid to build from scratch :p

For your information, I'm doing metal parts for some of the boats and it does take time. It doesn't help when the garage is well over 100 degrees due to the record setting heat we've had either. I figure it's better to take time off than end up in the hospital from heat exhaustion. Unlike some people, I'm gathering material and laying out the parts for those next boats while it's too hot to do the major work on the boats that are under construction. That way, when I do start building, it will go much faster and you will be saying WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure what the deal is with Hydro Junkie, But he would probably build one for you. He has a lot of pointers and little parts that are cool to help with the build. Your boyfriend would make it look awesome I am sure as I have seen your boats. Ken
We would build one quicker then Hydrojunkie..It's been over three years and we see no completed or running boats from him yet..Like the one guy said in Opio thread..Calling HJ one of the bench racers..Hj loves to rip on RTR's calling them junk...Ya We got RTR's and mod them,but at least we can have fun running our boats.It's better then not have a boat to run at all...He wants me to build a scale..But after getting a wooden sport20 that weights like a tank..I think a fiberglass scale is lighter then wooden scale...

Think what you want, but then again, I've personally seen a scale boat that tipped the scale at eight pounds, INCLUDING FUEL. Was a 1986 "BOAT" that ran in R/C Unlimiteds and held a few speed record during the 90's. My Newton sport 40 pictured above tips the scales at less than 6 pounds and I built it heavy. How much does your second hand sport 20 weigh? Let me guess, it's covered with glass as well or has lead in the nose.

If you think you can build one so quick, start building and show me up. That doesn't mean buying a premade glass hull either

Think what you want, but then again, I've personally seen a scale boat that tipped the scale at eight pounds, INCLUDING FUEL. Was a 1986 "BOAT" that ran in R/C Unlimiteds and held a few speed record during the 90's. My Newton sport 40 pictured above tips the scales at less than 6 pounds and I built it heavy. How much does your second hand sport 20 weigh? Let me guess, it's covered with glass as well or has lead in the nose.

If you think you can build one so quick, start building and show me up. That doesn't mean buying a premade glass hull either
no the sport20 was built with ply and epoxyed coated...As for building one..Do I have to prove you wrong again.. I done it once to you before and I can do it again..It wouldnt take me no three years plus to complete eighter...Maybe I should start a thread on asking guys how long does it take to build one scale boat... ;)

We would build one quicker then Hydrojunkie..It's been over three years and we see no completed or running boats from him yet..Like the one guy said in Opio thread..Calling HJ one of the bench racers..Hj loves to rip on RTR's calling them junk...Ya We got RTR's and mod them,but at least we can have fun running our boats.It's better then not have a boat to run at all...He wants me to build a scale..But after getting a wooden sport20 that weights like a tank..I think a fiberglass scale is lighter then wooden scale...
Miss,

How much does your sport 20 weigh ready to run without fuel?

I wouldn't expect a direct answer from her. Never gave me one so I doubt she will start now. She's been sent free rigger plans and talked about building a scale from plans for 3 years now. Considering she can't get away from her Pro Boats, I wouldn't expect her to start building anything now either. Misshydro, I don't really care, do what you want.

Miss,

How much does your sport 20 weigh ready to run without fuel?
Dont know as of yet...I havent got it finishd yet..It's a used sport20 hull...It weights close to my AC sport40 hull does..I want to get them done but things are slow at my job,so money is the issue with me..So as it looks I'm mainly helping my boyfriend on his gas proboat..He's got the hull race legal now...Ya it's a proboat,but if he likes racing then he'll step up to a insane hydro..I'll get the sport20 weigh some time this week to let you know..

This is my Miss US. The driver is a C.H.I.P.s doll. Found it at a local doll swap meet, about 7 to 8 inches tall. The helmet is homemade. (California Highway Patrol from TV)

This is my Miss US. The driver is a C.H.I.P.s doll. Found it at a local doll swap meet, about 7 to 8 inches tall. The helmet is homemade. (California Highway Patrol from TV)

I thinck miss h and hj should do a build off.And see ho is better.
Never happen. As I said earlier, she's been sent plans, even been told where to get free plans and wont start anything. I think she's afraid of looking bad
Think not HJ!!!I'm not afraid!! I would love to prove you wrong for the second time on you... anyone with the write mind wouldnt start on 8+boat and there not done yet only half built..I bet with all the time you have on them HJ,you wouldve had two to three done and running wright now!!!...As It looks I might be building something bigger and more fun!! How's does a medum size vintage round or shovel nose hydroplane sound HJ??!!!One about 14-16 feetlong with a V8 in it...Joe wants to build one after watching lastweekend Celina regatta races....This can be a good fall/winter project...

I thinck miss h and hj should do a build off.And see ho is better.
Never happen. As I said earlier, she's been sent plans, even been told where to get free plans and wont start anything. I think she's afraid of looking bad
Think not HJ!!!I'm not afraid!! I would love to prove you wrong for the second time on you... anyone with the write mind wouldnt start on 8+boat and there not done yet only half built..I bet with all the time you have on them HJ,you wouldve had two to three done and running wright now!!!...As It looks I might be building something bigger and more fun!! How's does a medum size vintage round or shovel nose hydroplane sound HJ??!!!One about 14-16 feetlong with a V8 in it...Joe wants to build one after watching lastweekend Celina regatta races....This can be a good fall/winter project...
Good luck finding plans to build from. I prefer working on bigger boats myself. I've worked on the Slo-Mo-Shun IV and V, 1959-62 Miss Thriftway, the Breathless Too and some of the modern composite hulls. Nothing like a stock Allison or Rolls Merlin to blow your socks off. I just have one question. I thought you were too broke to buy materials to build a scale boat so how can you afford to build a limited boat as well as buy the hardware, engine and trailer? If it's just you and Joe working on it, plan on a few years at least to get it done. The Hydroplane Museum built a replica of the Miss Wahoo in 9 months using a crew of experienced builders and redrawn updated plans, so I doubt you will be done by spring

Back