What is out there in Sport 20 Hydro's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
I posted this on another board but I know some of you don't go there so I am posting it here also.

I am looking for a sport 20 Hydro. What is out there" What do you run for a sport 20 and how do you like it and why?

Thanks,

Mark

Popular ones in D2 seem to be the Whiplash by Brian Blazer, and the Phil Thomas epoxy glass hull.. TJ

whiplash is second to none
HA Whip lash was second to my boat last time I raced one.

I make a very easy to setup boat and epoxy glass layup.

Two style of cowl stealth streamline and a turbine style.

Novi ross and Mac /Cmb motors both work well in my SuperSport 21 Hydro.

PHIL T

I guess it also depends on when you want it and how much work are you willing to do.

The Whiplashes are in wood kit form and require alot of work.

And the kits are also made of unobtanium right now.

Phil builds a VERY nice competitive glass boat and ARE available. They're definatly worth a look.

I do have both.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far Phil's Supersport and Brian's Whiplash are the best choices I have seen. last I herd Brian still had some kits. Anyone have some pictures of these to hydro's. I have only seen the one's that are on Phil's and Brian's website. I am interested in seeing on of Phil's with the turbine cowl.

Mark

whiplash is second to none

PHIL T

lol, phil phil.. mine must have not been at that race LOL!!!!

i had to...

chris..

on the other side.. both boats are good.. waltr hit it on the head.. how much time do you want to spend.. phils boats run well and has proven themselves all over.

brians boat are good and have also proven themselves. i guess it all comes down to a wood kit or a glass boat.

both are very good.

another option is a boat david pruesse makes.. he is supposely going to be selling these boats in a glass form..

last i heard from him he may have some done this winter.. and his boat currently holds the saw and oval records for sport 20.

chris

PHIL T

lol, phil phil.. mine must have not been at that race LOL!!!!

i had to...

chris..

You are correct. You are fast for sure. I finally gave up on that 10 year old novi rossi and bought a new one. ;)

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! You Forgot Dean Werges's Xtreme sport 20. I think thats what its called. It is very competitive.....and.... Phil cant say he whipped up on em cause He got whipped in the spring race at Evansville, and the fall race at Evansville, and St. Louis which was rough water, by these boats. Mark Bullard was at the Evansville races also. It would be a glass boat to be considered. All in all, with the right set up. I believe that all these boats mentioned are good boats as long as you have a good set up for them. I know for a fact that Phil and Dean both have good set ups for their boats. Mark and Brian have good boats also and I am sure they would help equally with set up. OH YEAH, and Chris, you cant avoid racing us forever. Were gonna come for that sport 20 of yours!!!! Just having fun. Ken

Deans not making hulls till sometime this winter, But yes same as above ,Nice hull's. Here is a picture of Mr.coopers hull..Also happens to be the same boat on cooper pipes home page

coopershydro.jpg

I'm building a sport 20 hulll.. you all have seen it. comments? questions?

thanks, Bob

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! You Forgot Dean Werges's Xtreme sport 20. I think thats what its called. It is very competitive.....and.... Phil cant say he whipped up on em cause He got whipped in the spring race at Evansville, and the fall race at Evansville, and St. Louis which was rough water, by these boats. Mark Bullard was at the Evansville races also. It would be a glass boat to be considered. All in all, with the right set up. I believe that all these boats mentioned are good boats as long as you have a good set up for them. I know for a fact that Phil and Dean both have good set ups for their boats. Mark and Brian have good boats also and I am sure they would help equally with set up. OH YEAH, and Chris, you cant avoid racing us forever. Were gonna come for that sport 20 of yours!!!! Just having fun. Ken

LOL.. bring it ken.. That would require you leaving your district to race lol...

I will pull out the old worn out motor and put in a new mill just for you.

chris

Latest posts

Back