WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I don't have the deck on yet so building a weight box wont be much of a problem."

Hey Mark,

That's the nice thing about wood boats, epoxy and microbaloons - easy to work with and will fix almost anything.

Wait until you have some Yahoo drive over a brand new Scale boat taking out the cowl, leaving Prop marks across the deck, an a nice turn fin incission - then it will become a "Race Boat". My advice - - As soon as that Atlas is finished, beautiful and pristine - - Kick that sucker yourself so you won't have to worry about it. Not a matter of if it's coming to happen - - Simply "WHEN". Eliminate the Drama - do it yourself. Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

I don't know about kicking it across the yard, but getting hit is a fact of racing. What some people do is drill a hole through the sponson transom, insert a paper tube and pour the West/lead mix into that. The tube will guide the weight mix through the lightening holes to the front of the sponson, which is right where you want it anyway. You then seal the hole in the transom with Monokote and you now have a drain hole to get water out of the sponson as well. Since your boat doesn't have the deck on yet, you can make a paper tube and route it through the sponson so it's there when you start balancing. Be sure to make it removeable for after you're done adding the weight. Just another option :)

Latest posts

Back