Velasco Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
I purchased a Velasco hull last summer and do not have much info on how all of the gear is placed inside the hull. I'm looking for some pictures or dimensions of how the engine mounts, how far forward of the transom it should be located, fuel tank location and radio box location. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I purchased a Velasco hull last summer and do not have much info on how all of the gear is placed inside the hull. I'm looking for some pictures or dimensions of how the engine mounts, how far forward of the transom it should be located, fuel tank location and radio box location. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
I bought motor mounts from Mike Hughes and built my own radio box. I can't post pics here but can e-mail the pics.

Glenn

Thanks in advance,
I bought motor mounts from Mike Hughes and built my own radio box. I can't post pics here but can e-mail the pics.

Glenn
Here ya go

Henry is very good about replying to questions, but I got my best advice on set-up from Gentleman racer Don Maher. I got a Ray Pellerino built Velasco, that never would run a full race, both Ray and second owner Don Osman could never get it to finish a six lap race. I knew I had to change the tanks to get it to run. It had the tanks on the right side. I ended up stripping the entire insides, putting in a bottom mount engine mount and mounting the tanks on the left side, next to the motor on a removable plate. Don M told me to put the tanks on the left side and try to get everything as far forward as possible. Will try to post pictures tonight. I have come to love the way this boat handles now, drives like a Cadillac. Don Osman is trying to get me to sell it back to him, when Henry comes North and sees it run he gets a great big smile, so do I ! Rudy

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry is very good about replying to questions, but I got my best advice on set-up from Gentleman racer Don Maher. I got a Ray Pellerino built Velasco, that never would run a full race, both Ray and second owner Don Osman could never get it to finish a six lap race. I knew I had to change the tanks to get it to run. It had the tanks on the right side. I ended up stripping the entire insides, putting in a bottom mount engine mount and mounting the tanks on the left side, next to the motor on a removable plate. Don M told me to put the tanks on the left side and try to get everything as far forward as possible. Will try to post pictures tonight. I have come to love the way this boat handles now, drives like a Cadillac. Don Osman is trying to get me to sell it back to him, when Henry comes North and sees it run he gets a great big smile, so do I ! Rudy
This boat is a joy to watch run. Actually looks faster going through the turns!

Mr. Don Maher is a very nice person and also knows a lot about the MTO hulls also. Henry Velasco is also top notch. Both have gave me very good advice.
smile.gif

Glenn

Mr. Don Maher is a very nice person and also knows a lot about the MTO hulls also. Henry Velasco is also top notch. Both have gave me very good advice.
smile.gif

Glenn
The pic I put on here came from Don. I have one of these hulls just need to get to it

Mike let me get a hold of Ron Ratoff have him send you some pics of his boat or just call you Robert

The pic I put on here came from Don. I have one of these hulls just need to get to it
Mike is it the newer version or older version?

Its the later version i think Want to make a Lincoln Thrift. Steve Peterson had one and I always liked the paint scheme FYI did you know Henry makes a tip kit to do other boats? I did not know this till after i started to mod minemnow im going to return it to its original state and continue the build.

Its the later version i think Want to make a Lincoln Thrift. Steve Peterson had one and I always liked the paint scheme

Stop copying me! That is on my list too! I was going to see if you wanted to sell it! :p

Its the later version i think Want to make a Lincoln Thrift. Steve Peterson had one and I always liked the paint scheme
Stop copying me! That is on my list too! I was going to see if you wanted to sell it! :p

Im sure Henry can get you one whipped out in no time. I have many interests Scales are at the top. Take my advise get the first one done and run the pizz out of it. The others will follow sooner . You need to sneak down to Huntsville end of March and smell the nitro.....

Im sure Henry can get you one whipped out in no time. I have many interests Scales are at the top. Take my advise get the first one done and run the pizz out of it. The others will follow sooner . You need to sneak down to Huntsville end of March and smell the nitro.....

I actually might have that weekend off! Will you be running?

I plan to debut my new Bud U-12 I got from Ken Hildreth,

I plan to debut my new Bud U-12 I got from Ken Hildreth,

Sweet!!!! I am not sure I will have enough time to get my Bud running by then, but I may drive down for a visit. I need to get a second job for all of my wants!!!!

Mike talked to Ron Ratoff he is going to put some pics of his boat on here for you good luck that boat is very fast and nice running boat Robert

Latest posts

Back