Unlimited Scale ????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Can someone explain a bra extension on a scale, suppose to keep the nose up in the corners?????
huh.gif
Hammer
cool.gif
cool.gif

I've never heard of a Bra Extension. Do you have any pictures or a description we could go from? I've heard of stumble blocks on tunnels, might this be teh same thing?

I've never heard of a Bra Extension. Do you have any pictures or a description we could go from? I've heard of stumble blocks on tunnels, might this be teh same thing?
Ah a bra extention. yes its called a nipple it almost always points the nose or head straight.

Ah a bra extention. yes its called a nipple it almost always points the nose or head straight.
Surprised it took so long for the jokes to start.
biggrin.gif
I watched a old Speed World CD from 95 and in an interview Scott Peirce said he lost the bra extension on boat and it would affect handling, just curious as to what he meant. Contine with the jokes, I dish um out, I can take um.
laugh.gif

Do you know what boat he was driving? It might not be a joke, just a different term for something on the boat. Might just be something as simple as a duckbill catching water and tearing off, allowing water to get inwhen he slowed down or went through a turn

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what boat he was driving? It might not be a joke, just a different term for something on the boat. Might just be something as simple as a duckbill catching water and tearing off, allowing water to get inwhen he slowed down or went through a turn
Ha Ha Ha ive been to Huntsville all day. Yup im a Jokster. I bet it was on the old Pringles boat no canopy head stuck in the air.

Okay Mike, you win on this one. I hope you come out in October so I get a chance to beat you on the water to get even :p

"What's the plate under the salt scoop???"

Hey Ray,

It was nothing more than a diverter plate trying to keep salt water out of the air inlet scoop. I never saw it in any of the fresh water configurations. I looked through the rest of the pics I took in San Diego and don't have one with the plate in the horizontal position. Could be that they were driving away from us leaving the pit area. I had to bite my typing fingers to stay away from the "Bra Extension" - - I thought Mike let you off easy - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Ray,

It was nothing more than a diverter plate trying to keep salt water out of the air inlet scoop. I never saw it in any of the fresh water configurations. I looked through the rest of the pics I took in San Diego and don't have one with the plate in the horizontal position. Could be that they were driving away from us leaving the pit area. I had to bite my typing fingers to stay away from the "Bra Extension" - - I thought Mike let you off easy - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Just in case... A "BRA" is referred to the leding of the ram wing on modern Hydroplanes. The leading edges are removable and some teams use a longer "BRA" to extend the ram wing or shorter ones to shorten the ram wing. In some cases teams will put a larger one on the leading edge left side only. Perhaps you all know this already... I get the jokes too:)

Hey Ray,

Just in case... A "BRA" is referred to the leding of the ram wing on modern Hydroplanes. The leading edges are removable and some teams use a longer "BRA" to extend the ram wing or shorter ones to shorten the ram wing. In some cases teams will put a larger one on the leading edge left side only. Perhaps you all know this already... I get the jokes too:)
U60, thanks. That's why I didn't anything added to the boat.
cool.gif
cool.gif

Hey Ray,

U60, thanks. That's why I didn't anything added to the boat.
cool.gif
cool.gif
How this? B)

Just what I though, a different name for the part. I've always heard those parts and areas refered to as bullnoses.

Latest posts

Back