u50 - short two stars :(

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lennard Cuenco

just got off the phone with mcknight..he's sending me two more stars so i can shoot final clear....

not sure it will be done for first race :(

will this never end?

Hey Len, it came out nice!

btw, I entered scale for next weekends race just in case you got it done so I'd somebody else to hit besides Alfred and Alan's gas riggers :p

Just throw a coat of clear on it and run it. You can always scuff the first coat, stick the two stars on and put on your finish coats of clear after the race is over IF YOU DON'T GET RUN OVER IN A HEAT. If you get run over, you wouldn't have spent all that money on clear so you wouldn't be out as much ;)

thx guys...

cant take all the credit..hadda lotta help from good friends (isn't that what this hobby is all about? seriously!), Roy Munoz, Dave Brandt, Mark Owens and Bob Johnson...with Roy and Norma bearing the brunt of my confusion (Norma even offered the spare bedroom on late night's in the shop....they truly are and always have been "extended family") :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll send you a whole new sheet just in case....in case you get Glenned! Oh what am I saying the Pak hasn't run in so long it isn't getting off the beach! Between the Newton Paint Scheme and the pics I have I thought sure I had the count right on those stars darnit. Lemme know if you get it done for the race and I'll come down and get a beauty shot. I'm not racing this weekend since I'll be on crutches after knee surgery Friday but I wanna at least come watch.

thx mike..

yeah..i looked at 50/60 photos i have collected to count the small vs large stars...

the miss count may have been at the tip of the sponsons, they switched to the small stars cuz they were running out of room on the chine...the two most forward stars are small ones

Glenn's driving was "peaking" at Alfred's race couple of weeks ago, we were trying to count how many boats Glenn hit on Saturday, I lost count at 3? er, maybe 2? If Glenn can confirm how many victims he had that would be great ;)

Funny part about his boats tho...as he hit more people, Alfred and I noticed his boat ran progressively better, so I believe it's part of his strategy....

in any case, i laid up two more cowls and one wingset after watching his "lane 5 to lane 1" maneuver at Alfred's race, i'm thinking i should probably start on that backup hull as well, keep your decal printers warmed up?...rofl!

thx mike..

yeah..i looked at 50/60 photos i have collected to count the small vs large stars...

the miss count may have been at the tip of the sponsons, they switched to the small stars cuz they were running out of room on the chine...the two most forward stars are small ones

Glenn's driving was "peaking" at Alfred's race couple of weeks ago, we were trying to count how many boats Glenn hit on Saturday, I lost count at 3? er, maybe 2? If Glenn can confirm how many victims he had that would be great ;)

Funny part about his boats tho...as he hit more people, Alfred and I noticed his boat ran progressively better, so I believe it's part of his strategy....

in any case, i laid up two more cowls and one wingset after watching his "lane 5 to lane 1" maneuver at Alfred's race, i'm thinking i should probably start on that backup hull as well, keep your decal printers warmed up?...rofl!
Great looking boat Len, and talk about thrown under the bus, poor Glenn. :lol:

thx ray

we only kid Glenn cuz we like him...he has been sooo helpful on my build...he is a good friend :)

but don't let him know i sed that, cuz ima deny it

Can't wait to Test Lenn ..The Peps V is all polish and I started to make a few new Head Buttons to test out..Don't tell Glenn. LOL

thx ray

we only kid Glenn cuz we like him...he has been sooo helpful on my build...he is a good friend :)

but don't let him know i sed that
Never met Glenn, helped me with a lot of info. That's what's this forum is all about. ;)
lol Ray...

whether I care to admit it or not...Glenn knows a hell of alot more about scale than i do :)
One of these days I'll finish my U-50 Pit Stop from Newton plans. B)

Can't wait to Test Lenn ..The Peps V is all polish and I started to make a few new Head Buttons to test out..Don't tell Glenn. LOL
Roy...Buddy, when are we going to go testing with that Pepsi on the water?? Hitting that beauty would make my year :lol:

The Grand Prix was rough....between lack of sleep and all those slow boats getting in my way, Ugly!!

thx ray

but don't let him know i sed that
Never met Glenn, helped me with a lot of info. That's what's this forum is all about. ;)
lol Ray...

whether I care to admit it or not...Glenn knows a hell of alot more about scale than i do :)
One of these days I'll finish my U-50 Pit Stop from Newton plans. B)
Hey Ray..

is your u50 a Jones hull as well? this American Spirit is so weird..if you compare the right and left deck contour, the outside sponson deck dives toward the water way steeper than the other side, and is 1/8" deeper than the inside running surface...Ron Jones had all kinds of ideas he was trying out on the '91 spirit and im wondering if your hull has similar "experiments" going on...lol...

apparently the 91 spirit was too heavy for its own good, while it won Madison in 91, cuz the winston eagle was DQ'd, it was a consistently slow boat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTlittZ23w&feature=channel

Roy...Buddy, when are we going to go testing with that Pepsi on the water?? Hitting that beauty would make my year :lol:

The Grand Prix was rough....between lack of sleep and all those slow boats getting in my way, Ugly!!
You gots to catch it first... :D

Hey Len,

Hot ****!! - he finished it. Boat looks very good. Get some good pics of it, then put it on the boat stand and " kick it" - Inflict the first damage yourself so you'll no longer have to worry about it. Then - - - Drive it like you stole it!!!

Congratulation, Len - - - you did it. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Bob,

thx so much for all your help getting the boat together

as you recall, this boat is a "bastardized" version of your builds (it's sorta wof, sorta framed)..so it's meant to race (ie - get run over by Glenn)

lol

Back