u-build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, Glad to see your moving along on your hull. If you need anything let me know. Attached is mine, bet you cant guess what it is. No orange on it either.Joe

View attachment 12524View attachment 12525
You talk to Joe one day and it's "I don't feal like working on boats any more...I ain't doin it no more bla, bla, bla" then he shows up with this!!! Amazing!

Hay Joe, keep making all these molds and you may not have to work on jets any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes, Ill be needing some decal for the Dot. I have some pictures ill foward to you. Hopefully they will be clean enough to make off of.

I dont remember saying I aint doin it no more, Just get burnt out some time with to many ideas and not enough time.

Joe

yes they are good people. i was part of the thundervalley crew. i like what they did for the paint scheme on there web site. wish more of the teams would do that.

ok got my wings & braces cut & in place but not glued. i also got my Tyndall turn fin & is the next thing to go on
AJ,

Here are a picture of the turn-fin bracket I made to fit the angle of the sponson rear and a picture of how it looks finished with a Tyndall fin and outside mounting plate. Eventually my bracket and plate will be anodized black. The bracket in the picture is what I have available. Send me a PM if you have any interest.

Cheers,

Kevin

3452051775_d515d8fbf2_b.jpg

3452053281_2740fc38f7_b.jpg

ok this is just a small step in gluing my supports in for my verticals. i cut two small holes in the side back compartment where i will mount the strut, this might have been the hard way to do it but i dont want to cut to much inside the engine compartment. the holes will be taped off so no water will get in.

i will also have my rudder servo back by the strut in its own water tight box that will go in later. thats all for now have a great day

Steve, Your assembly is looking good. Think of mounting your rudder servo further forward to keep from putting to much weight on the transom. Keep plugging away and if you need anything let me know.

Joe

Steve, Your assembly is looking good. Think of mounting your rudder servo further forward to keep from putting to much weight on the transom. Keep plugging away and if you need anything let me know.Joe
joe why do you think i need to keep the servo farther forward its just one servo & i have seen your boats run. im going to try this first & if i see a problem i will change it. have a great day

STEVE!! Don't you remember that 89 Madison I had. It was just a tad heavy on the rear and the only way to get it up on plane was to shot it out of a cannon! I just don't take any chances any more wit dem things.

bzubee, I talked to MarryAnn and she said he's like an old dog. You kick him abuse him and even quit feeding him and he STILL won't leave the house to go play toy boats :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok i had to cut the window out of my scale & that was hard to do, not making the lines right but just making the cut.i got my boat from joe moceri which makes works of art if you race scale, all i can say is i move slow building but fast on the water. will post as i build
Looks good. You might want to consider not using felt pens on your glasswork as I have had it bleed through light colored paint jobs.

Looks good. You might want to consider not using felt pens on your glasswork as I have had it bleed through light colored paint jobs.

Felt pen is easily removed before paint with rubbing alcohol, ethanol (preferred), finger nail polish (use lightly as the acetone is not good), and/or vodka (use the cheap stuff). Won't hurt the glass a bit. Any sharpie can be removed with an alcohol based product.

thanks guys i do take my lines off with a none acetone nail polish after im done gluing & setting, by the way this remover [cutex] doesnt harm the epoxy & heres a little something else its protein enriched, just had to say that.

oh kevin i couldnt use my vodka i need that for my chocolate martini :p :p thanks for your help kev & mike i listen to other people even ken hieldreth

ok im back & what i have done is my strut is cut drilled & mounted. what i had to do was to fill in the gap where the strut is, i cut 1/4 inch foam & placed it inside the gap to make a wall so my glue would stay put, this worked realy nice & all you can see for now is my access hole where i pored the glue. after all was dryed i drilled & sank the screws.

oh by the way thats joes great looking rudder on the right, next i will put the turn fin on but i wont show that because its a fin that dick tyndall makes & most everyone knows the work he puts out which is second to none.

after my fin goes on & the motor is mounted i will start sanding & prepare for paint.

i told you i was slow building.

by the way my strut is 3/8 of an inch from under the transom which the real u-21s strut was also, & as i see the pics that means my drive dog will be past the extintion plate which is the bottom of the strut plate.

ok im back & what i have done is my strut is cut drilled & mounted. what i had to do was to fill in the gap where the strut is, i cut 1/4 inch foam & placed it inside the gap to make a wall so my glue would stay put, this worked realy nice & all you can see for now is my access hole where i pored the glue. after all was dryed i drilled & sank the screws.oh by the way thats joes great looking rudder on the right, next i will put the turn fin on but i wont show that because its a fin that dick tyndall makes & most everyone knows the work he puts out which is second to none.

after my fin goes on & the motor is mounted i will start sanding & prepare for paint.

i told you i was slow building.

by the way my strut is 3/8 of an inch from under the transom which the real u-21s strut was also, & as i see the pics that means my drive dog will be past the extintion plate which is the bottom of the strut plate.
Ya Ya put some socks on and get r dun!

btw u aint wearin toe nail polish r ya? :eek:

Back