U-8 Executone Telephone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you said that, I went back and added the rest of the hull specs to my last post. Keeping within the ranges given, your boat should be legal anywhere in the country

Kez, ive been messin with mine for almost 20 years....ive got the white base coat on the hull itself and some blue..there are 3 shades of blue on Exec's....real FUN to tape off! :lol: If youd like ill post some pics of what i have done...if you havent put the running pads on the sponson bottoms, DONT DO IT! The transom depth is too deep as it is and you will have a hard time getting the back of the boat out of the water...unfortunatly i put mine on and painted the boat and now im going to have to burn them off! Im also going to attach flaps on the trailing edge of the canards as the real boat had em....I also have an 82 EXEC that i race....its a Phil Thomas 82U55 hull....I LIKE EXEC's! :)OOPS! wrong person! :blink:
Bill,

Please post some pictures of your Exec. I'd like to see it.

I am not that far into it yet. So you suggest not to put the running pads. Do I leave the running surface plain? Also, did you build the "recess" at the transom? I am wondering if I should skip that as well.

I like the paint scheme of the Exec...

Kez
As HJ said, leave the recess out...build a full transom on the boat...and when i do remove the pads on the bottoms of my sponsons, im not going to add any steps..ill try to get some pics ASAP...like i said, my boat is still far from finished...

it's a small pic but a good one?..lol
2 differnt boats HOW BOUT THAT MUVALONG...... it was mine at one time maybe I should do another.....

Yah Shure! P.T. Sport 40 Round nose!
biggrin.gif

Glenn
RedMan is lonely only a half dozen buddies hanging around her,wishing for paint and attention like she gets. HOW MANY EXECUTONE boats were there? 3 I know of as here is another
Actually, i think there was another more modern hull, cant remember if it was a turbine or not, but i think it was all white with blue lettering...dont know if it had full or partial sponsorship from Executone....

Last edited by a moderator:
**** it Bill, you're making me work. I did, however,find something you might like. During the 1991 season, the 8808 hull was sponsored by several companies. Acording to the MHR, it was sponsored by:

Ultra Bold & Dash

Super Range Golf

Ellis Park

Executone Business Systems

**** it Bill, you're making me work. I did, however,find something you might like. During the 1991 season, the 8808 hull was sponsored by several companies. Acording to the MHR, it was sponsored by:

Ultra Bold & Dash

Super Range Golf

Ellis Park

Executone Business Systems
Hj, you are DEFINATLY the "go to guy" when it comes to historical info on hydros! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
corey, mikey,

off topic but thank you for posting the photos of the beautiful scale executone and muvalong. no offense mikey but i thought mike hallam built both of those boats. regardless, they were masterpieces. i haven't seen either boat in years. what happened to them ?

hj, you definitely know your boat history. thank you for sharing.

kez, if you're the builder that originally asked for photos, good luck with your project.

dave

corey, mikey,

off topic but thank you for posting the photos of the beautiful scale executone and muvalong. no offense mikey but i thought mike hallam built both of those boats. regardless, they were masterpieces. i haven't seen either boat in years. what happened to them ?

hj, you definitely know your boat history. thank you for sharing.

kez, if you're the builder that originally asked for photos, good luck with your project.

dave

I dont know who built the Muvalong. The sponsons were trashed and the boat has been stripped and salvaged to go in a new one I have made with some carbon in key areas.

Mikey,

The Muvalong was built by Hallam. I bought it from him, ran it one year and sold it to Ken Hildreth. Not sure who got it next, but I know you and Handsome Steve each had it as well. Who has it now?

Mikey,

The Muvalong was built by Hallam. I bought it from him, ran it one year and sold it to Ken Hildreth. Not sure who got it next, but I know you and Handsome Steve each had it as well. Who has it now?
I have whats left of it Steve stripped it for a repaint. I have a new hull and the old hardware and driver

Latest posts

Back