U-62 Thriftway Too

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be legal for the T-boat class, boats must use a Zenoah 26cc engine. The hull itself must meet the following rules for NAMBA:

Hull Specifications

i) The boat may be of wood or fiberglass construction.

ii) The hull length will be between 48” – 56”.

iii) The hull width will be a minimum of 24”.

iv) The transom will be a minimum of 10” in width.

v) The hull design will only be one of the following types: round nose, step deck, or chisel nose.

vi) Nothing on the boat may be further than 5 1/4" behind the transom.

Appearance

i) The boat must have a sponsored paint scheme with sponsored IDs and U numbers on the boat.

ii) The boat must have a human driver figure in a front or rear cockpit. The driver must be a scale of 1/8 to 1/6 in relationship to the size of the boat and wearing a life vest and helmet.

iii) The boat must run with an engine cowling or dummy engine to cover as much of the boat’s engine as possible.

To be legal for IMPBA:

1. Hull Specifications

a. Boats may be wood or fiberglass/composite type construction.

b. Length shall be a maximum of 56 inches, minimum of 47 inches. Width shall be a minimum of 22 inches.

c. All boats shall have a front or rear cockpit with driver figures from the 1950s - 1970s era, no cartoon or animal characters.

d. All boats shall have a period correct paint scheme and sponsor name & logo. The Sponsor and/or logo may be original or of your own choice.

e. Normal hull configuration shall be conventional round nose, shovel nose, dropped sponson or pickle fork design. The pickle fork shall not exceed 10% of the hull length and be modeled after a classic era boat (1950s-1970s era).

f. No rear sponson, ride shoe or other riding surface allowed aft of the sponson transom. Engine belly pans are allowed. Engine belly pans may not extend beyond the engine compartment.

g. Nothing may extend more than 5 1/4 inches beyond the transom. h. The strut mounting is optional. Maximum strut length of 3 1/2 inches in length and 1/2 inch in width. i. A minimum 50% of the gasoline engine must be covered with either a cowling or period correct fake engine. This does not include header and/or tuned pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool.png
where can we get the plans for this boat?

-Carl
garry finlay TWT plan

http://rumrunnerracing.com/plans.html

newton marine TWT plan no. 140-A

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plan_details.php?prodId=357&category=

T-2_1.pdf

T-2_2.pdf

140-a.jpg

Attachments

• T-2_1.pdf
    233 KB · Views: 19
  • T-2_2.pdf
    244.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

A friend of mine is laying it out now. He is building it 48 inches and plans to race the boat according to the rules provided. This guy does very nice work and when he gets finished I will post some pictures of this boat.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

-Carl

Latest posts

Back