U-62 Thriftway Too

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

Looking for cockpit pics and any decent pics that can be printed.

Thanks , Tim

2013-08-09 17.49.26.jpg

Thanks Tom. We are building two gas scale versions. Wood grain and the white one. Making a plug for the cowl now, but just thought if someone already had one in GAs scale that make it easier. Even if I could fine one in 1/8 scale we could use that and section it, etc. Might just be easier to make the plug/mold. Thanks!

tim i have one do not know what year 59 i think if it will help. i will see if i can come up with thim

100_2628.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom. We are building two gas scale versions. Wood grain and the white one. Making a plug for the cowl now, but just thought if someone already had one in GAs scale that make it easier. Even if I could fine one in 1/8 scale we could use that and section it, etc. Might just be easier to make the plug/mold. Thanks!
Hi Fred,

Did you ever attempt to contact Jack? I'm confident he has his own 1/8 scale plug/mold. He's not far from you. LMK if I can help.

DJ

Hi David- I saw Jack at one of the ELLENSBERG races earlier this year. I didn't think to ask him about the cowl mold. Can you PM me his contact info? Thanks!

Fred, don't forget me out in the hinterlands, also building a gas scale Miss Thriftway 2 U-62 from an ML Boatworks framing kit.This spring we e-mailed about our projects. As mentioned I'd like to be included in your project, and will share in the cost. I'd like to build the Mahogany deck version, which I believe has a different cowl fin than the painted deck version pictured in this thread. However, I would be happy with either. I can modify one to the other. I would also like to share any photo details that may be available.

Hi Harvey- Haven't forgotten about you. We're working on the plug now. Shouldn't be long and we will have it done. My Wood Grain hull is complete, the white version is framed and should be sheeted soon. The tail will be a separate piece so you will be able to make either tail.

cool.png
where can we get the plans for this boat?

-Carl

Newton Marine
Hello Hydro Junkie,

I have a friend that got interested in the gas boats while we were in Huntsville last weekend. I looked at the Newton Marine and the boat that he is wanting to build is the Miss Thriftway ll . This was the cab-over design. I didn't see that boat on that site. I actually found some 1/8 plans for it and sent them to him. It will take him a while but he can scale them up to the 48" version. I told him that I was too old to be throwing that monster in the water and that he would have to find someone else to launch it for him. LOL

Thanks!

-Carl

The boat that this thread was started about was an 1/8th scale converted to gas actually. Not sure if the hull dimensions are legal for racing in the Thunderboat class, but more than likely he won't be racing it.

Latest posts

Back