Turn Fin - whats the preference

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia as to what brand and size turn fin members use on the Aeromarine Thunderbolt Sport Hydro . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I would place this post on Jims RC Boat dock.It is more for the gas powered boats and i think you would receive a much better answer.

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia as to what brand and size turn fin members use on the Aeromarine Thunderbolt Sport Hydro . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

Rick , thanks for the reply - both here and in the private conversation , however I am not registered on Jims Dock . I will see what can be worked out about your suggetion .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

Rick , thanks for the reply - both here and in the private conversation , however I am not registered on Jims Dock . I will see what can be worked out about your suggetion .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
My turnfin works very well on pretty much all sport hydros and thunderboats. Dick Tyndal makes a good one too.

Hello everybody .

It's the Tall Fella from Australia here , I bought what is believed to be a Whiplash GV Turn Fin and mounting bracket to be used on my Aeromarine Thunderbolt . The Turn fin is made out of Stainless Steel and has several fold lines along it horizontally to give it a curl at the bottom . There is a slot in the horizontal direction , while the mounting bracket is made out of Aluminium and has 1 mounting hole ~ 5.5 mm and a short curved slot ~ 5.5 mm for tilting adjustment and a slot in the vertical direction that will take a 10 mm bolt . My question is how far up from the bottom of the sponson do I put the bottom edge of the turn fin mounting bracket . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

It's the Tall Fella from Australia here , I bought what is believed to be a Whiplash GV Turn Fin and mounting bracket to be used on my Aeromarine Thunderbolt . The Turn fin is made out of Stainless Steel and has several fold lines along it horizontally to give it a curl at the bottom . There is a slot in the horizontal direction , while the mounting bracket is made out of Aluminium and has 1 mounting hole ~ 5.5 mm and a short curved slot ~ 5.5 mm for tilting adjustment and a slot in the vertical direction that will take a 10 mm bolt . My question is how far up from the bottom of the sponson do I put the bottom edge of the turn fin mounting bracket . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Not critical. I would say 1/4".

Hello everybody .

Brian , thanks for the information about the distance from the bottom of the sponson to the bottom edge of the turn fin mounting bracket . I will get it done shortly .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

Larcor69 , that's the same as what i bought recently - but now I am enquiring about the position of the mounting bracket on the back of the sponson . Thanks again .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Latest posts

Back